Patriots claim Akeem Shavers off waivers, place Quentin Hines on injured reserve
|05.07.13 at 5:07 pm ET|
The Patriots made a couple of relatively minor personnel moves on Tuesday, according to the league transaction wire.
First, the team claimed former Purdue running back Akeem Shavers off waivers from Tampa Bay. Shavers, a 5-foot-10, 198-pounder, gained 871 yards for Purdue last season. He suffered a knee injury in the Heart of Dallas Bowl on New Year’s Day, which likely affected his overall draft status.
Second, running back Quentin Hines reverted to injured reserved from waived-injured. Hines, 22, began his college career at Cincinnati in 2008 and appeared in one game in 2009 after redshirting in 2008. The 5-11, 190-pounder missed the 2010 and 2011 seasons before finishing his career in 2012 at Akron. He Tweeted Monday that he would be placed on injured reserve because of an injury he suffered in the recently concluded rookie minicamp practice sessions.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- NFL Betting: Patriots vs. Giants Odds, Preseason Analysis
- Terrance Knighton Cut by Patriots: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Updates on Patriots OT Sebastian Vollmer Injury
- Latest Updates on Tom Brady's Thumb Injury
- Malcolm Mitchell Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Elbow
- Tom Brady Comments on Suspension, Decision to Drop Deflategate Appeal
- Latest Updates on Bryan Stork's Concussion