Patriots claim Akeem Shavers off waivers, place Quentin Hines on injured reserve
|05.07.13 at 5:07 pm ET|
The Patriots made a couple of relatively minor personnel moves on Tuesday, according to the league transaction wire.
First, the team claimed former Purdue running back Akeem Shavers off waivers from Tampa Bay. Shavers, a 5-foot-10, 198-pounder, gained 871 yards for Purdue last season. He suffered a knee injury in the Heart of Dallas Bowl on New Year’s Day, which likely affected his overall draft status.
Second, running back Quentin Hines reverted to injured reserved from waived-injured. Hines, 22, began his college career at Cincinnati in 2008 and appeared in one game in 2009 after redshirting in 2008. The 5-11, 190-pounder missed the 2010 and 2011 seasons before finishing his career in 2012 at Akron. He Tweeted Monday that he would be placed on injured reserve because of an injury he suffered in the recently concluded rookie minicamp practice sessions.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Patriots vs. Rams: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Tom Brady Passes Peyton Manning for Most Wins All-Time by a QB
- Danny Amendola Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Ankle and Return
- Tom Brady Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Knee and Return
- Alan Branch Wins Suspension Appeal: Latest Details and Reaction
- Can the New England Patriots Survive Another Rob Gronkowski Absence?
- Rob Gronkowski Injury Update: TE Reportedly Will Miss 8 Weeks with Back...