Report: Julian Edelman in walking boot because of right foot injury
|05.07.13 at 4:51 pm ET|
Julian Edelman is in a walking boot after reinjuring his right foot, according to The Boston Globe. The 26-year-old wide receiver, who ended last season on injured reserve because of a right foot injury, reportedly will miss on-field organized team activities later this spring. According to the Globe, one source said there is an outside chance he will be able to participate in minicamp June 11-13, but it would be on a limited basis.
The 5-foot-10, 200-pounder, who was a seventh-round pick of the Patriots in 2009, has spent the last four seasons with New England and has 69 catches for 714 yards and four touchdowns as a pro. Edelman was a free agent this offseason but agreed to a one-year deal with the Patriots last month. He’s the only receiver currently on the roster who caught a pass from quarterback Tom Brady last season.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Malcolm Butler Contract: Latest News, Rumors
- Patriots DT Plans to Recruit Kevin Durant to Celtics
- Patriots Feature Formidable 3-Man Pass-Rush Rotation
- Patriots File Amicus Brief Supporting Brady's Deflategate Suspension...
- Deep Battle Brewing for Roster Spots at WR for Patriots
- Robert Kraft Comments on Handling of Tom Brady's Deflategate Suspension
- Freeney Would Add No Value to Patriots Defense