Report: RB Felix Jones works out for Patriots
|05.08.13 at 8:30 pm ET|
File this one under “due diligence.”
Despite the fact that the Patriots have a fully-stocked collection of backs, including Stevan Ridley, Shane Vereen, Brandon Bolden, Leon Washington and (the recently acquired) LeGarrette Blount, the Patriots are reportedly kicking the tires on veteran running back Felix Jones this week, according to Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network.
The 5-foot-10, 215-pounder has shown some ability to be a multidimensional threat over the course of his career — the 26-year-old had a career-best 48 catches for the Cowboys in 2010, and has rushed for 4.8 yards per attempt since entering the NFL in 2008. For his career, he’s rushed for 2,728 yards and 11 touchdowns, and has 127 receptions for 1,062 yards and 11 touchdowns.
An unrestricted free agent who has also worked out for the Eagles and Bengals, he’s coming off a season where he was nagged by injuries, and finished with a career-low in games played (six), rushing yards (266), receptions (two) and receiving yards (10).
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Deep Battle Brewing for Roster Spots at WR for Patriots
- Robert Kraft Comments on Handling of Tom Brady's Deflategate Suspension
- Freeney Would Add No Value to Patriots Defense
- Can Malcom Brown Make 2nd-Year Jump for Patriots?
- Is Cannon Safe on Patriots' Roster?
- Can Garoppolo Carry Patriots in Brady's Absence?
- Latest on Patriots WR Danny Amendola's Injury