Report: Rob Gronkowski will need fourth surgery on arm
|05.08.13 at 11:38 am ET|
Rob Gronkowski will need a fourth operation to replace the plate that secures the broken bone in his forearm, according to the Boston Herald.
While the surgery is not unexpected — and if everything goes well, would leave him ready for the start of the season — if doctors find that the tight end still has infected tissue in his forearm, Gronkowski would need a fifth operation. That would jeopardize his chances when it comes to starting the regular season on time.
Gronkowski suffered the initial break in a Week 11 win over the Colts, and later re-broke his arm in the postseason against the Texans. The 23-year-old caught 55 passes for 790 yards and 11 touchdowns for the Patriots in 2012.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
- Belichick on Ridley, Faulk, and Ozzie Newsome
- The Best Around
- New England Patriots Links 12/06/13 - Sunday Spotlight Will Have Pats'...
- Alfonzo Dennard's Sentence Extended
- New England Patriots resign WR Austin Collie
- New England Patriots Links 12/05/13 - Alfonzo Dennard to Find Out Legal...
- 2013 Week 13 Patriots Power Rankings