Report: Pats agree to two-year contract with WR Lavelle Hawkins
|05.09.13 at 12:52 pm ET|
The Patriots and wide receiver Lavelle Hawkins have agreed to a two-year contract, according to Jim Wyatt of The Tennessean.
The 5-foot-11, 194-pounder has 71 catches for 771 yards and one touchdown in his five-year NFL career, all spent with the Titans, who released him last week. He had just five catches for 62 yards in 2012. His best season came in 2011 when he came away with 47 catches for 470 yards and a touchdown.
“He liked the situation in New England,” agent Brian Overstreet told The Tennessean. “They are going to throw the ball a lot, and they have one of the best quarterbacks of our time in Tom Brady. It’s a great situation for Lavelle. They use a lot of guys, and he’s going to get a shot.”
According to the Tennessean report, Hawkins also visited with the Texans and had interest from the Giants. He was slated to make $1.9 million 2013 when the Titans released him.
Hawkins was a fourth-round pick of the Titans in 2008 out of the University of California, where he twice was named All-Pac-10 second team.
Foe more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
- What Are The Odds?
- New England Patriots Links 12/13/13 - Defense Needs to Keep the Heat on...
- The New England Patriots now control their destiny in the AFC playoff...
- 2013 Week 14 Patriots Power Rankings
- New England Patriots Links 12/12/13 - Jamie Collins Growing into...
- Coping With Loss: the Rob Gronkowski Edition
- New England Patriots Links 12/11/13 - Can Mental Toughness Overcome...