Patriots agree to terms with OG Tyronne Green
|05.13.13 at 11:00 am ET|
The Patriots have agreed to terms with offensive guard Tyronne Green, according to Green’s agents. The 6-foot-2, 316-pounder was a fourth-round pick of the Chargers in 2009, and he started 28 career games for San Diego, including 13 at left guard last year.
The move certainly makes sense from a depth perspective, as New England lost Donald Thomas this offseason — the primary backup to starting guards Logan Mankins and Dan Connolly. In a perfect world for the Patriots, Green would step into the role Thomas occupied last season as someone who provide depth at either guard spot or start in a pinch. Expect him to battle Nick McDonald for playing time right out of the gate.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- NFL Betting: Patriots vs. Giants Odds, Preseason Analysis
- Terrance Knighton Cut by Patriots: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Updates on Patriots OT Sebastian Vollmer Injury
- Latest Updates on Tom Brady's Thumb Injury
- Malcolm Mitchell Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Elbow
- Tom Brady Comments on Suspension, Decision to Drop Deflategate Appeal
- Latest Updates on Bryan Stork's Concussion