Patriots agree to terms with OG Tyronne Green
|05.13.13 at 11:00 am ET|
The Patriots have agreed to terms with offensive guard Tyronne Green, according to Green’s agents. The 6-foot-2, 316-pounder was a fourth-round pick of the Chargers in 2009, and he started 28 career games for San Diego, including 13 at left guard last year.
The move certainly makes sense from a depth perspective, as New England lost Donald Thomas this offseason — the primary backup to starting guards Logan Mankins and Dan Connolly. In a perfect world for the Patriots, Green would step into the role Thomas occupied last season as someone who provide depth at either guard spot or start in a pinch. Expect him to battle Nick McDonald for playing time right out of the gate.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Anthony Johnson Released by Patriots: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Jacoby Brissett Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Thumb and Return
- Jacoby Brissett, QBs Making Their First Career Start Under Belichick Are...
- Shorthanded Patriots Send Emphatic Message That They Are Team to Beat in...
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Jacoby Brissett, Julian Edelman, LeGarrette Blount Post-Week 3 Fantasy...
- Despite Injuries, Patriots Already September's Biggest Winners in the NFL