Patriots agree to terms with OG Tyronne Green
|05.13.13 at 11:00 am ET|
The Patriots have agreed to terms with offensive guard Tyronne Green, according to Green’s agents. The 6-foot-2, 316-pounder was a fourth-round pick of the Chargers in 2009, and he started 28 career games for San Diego, including 13 at left guard last year.
The move certainly makes sense from a depth perspective, as New England lost Donald Thomas this offseason — the primary backup to starting guards Logan Mankins and Dan Connolly. In a perfect world for the Patriots, Green would step into the role Thomas occupied last season as someone who provide depth at either guard spot or start in a pinch. Expect him to battle Nick McDonald for playing time right out of the gate.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Scarnecchia Has Tall Task Developing Pats' Young Offensive Line
- What Are Explanations for Patriots' Failure to Address Hole at RB?
- Patriots: Way-Too-Early 53-Man Roster and Depth Chart Predictions
- Kraft Comments on Brady's Deflategate Suspension Being Upheld
- Patriots Mock Draft and Big Board: Updated Day 3 Predictions
- Patriots Mock Draft and Big Board: Updated Day 2 Predictions
- Patriots Draft Picks: Results, Analysis and Grades