Patriots agree to terms with OG Tyronne Green
|05.13.13 at 11:00 am ET|
The Patriots have agreed to terms with offensive guard Tyronne Green, according to Green’s agents. The 6-foot-2, 316-pounder was a fourth-round pick of the Chargers in 2009, and he started 28 career games for San Diego, including 13 at left guard last year.
The move certainly makes sense from a depth perspective, as New England lost Donald Thomas this offseason — the primary backup to starting guards Logan Mankins and Dan Connolly. In a perfect world for the Patriots, Green would step into the role Thomas occupied last season as someone who provide depth at either guard spot or start in a pinch. Expect him to battle Nick McDonald for playing time right out of the gate.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Griff Whalen to Patriots: Latest Contract Details, Comments and Reaction
- Patriots vs. Rams: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Tom Brady Passes Peyton Manning for Most Wins All-Time by a QB
- Danny Amendola Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Ankle and Return
- Tom Brady Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Knee and Return
- Alan Branch Wins Suspension Appeal: Latest Details and Reaction
- Can the New England Patriots Survive Another Rob Gronkowski Absence?