Patriots sign third-round pick Duron Harmon
|05.14.13 at 5:32 pm ET|
The Patriots have signed third-round pick Duron Harmon. The 6-foot-1, 200-pound Harmon, a defensive back out of Rutgers who was taken with the 91st overall pick, is the first member of New England’s eight-man draft class to come to terms on a rookie contract.
As a senior at Rutgers, Harmon had 50 tackles and seven pass breakups while starting all 13 games for the Scarlet Knights, and came away with his second consecutive first-team all-Big East nod.
No contract information was immediately available, but last year’s 91st overall pick was Southern Miss tackle Lamar Holmes, who went to the Falcons. He signed a four-year, $2.633 million contract that included a $533,600 signing bonus.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Rob Gronkowski Says He Hopes Martellus Bennett 'Breaks the Bank' in Free...
- Rob Gronkowski Comments on Roger Goodell, Future in Football, More
- Best and Worst Moves New England Patriots Can Make This Offseason
- Bill Belichick Named Potential Witness in Aaron Hernandez's Double-Murder...
- Mike Freeman's 10-Point Stance: Patriots' Big Trade Bait, NFL's Athletic...
- Martellus Bennett Reportedly to Test Free Agency, Patriots Exit Possible
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl 51 Jersey Valued at $500,000 in Police...