Patriots sign third-round pick Duron Harmon
|05.14.13 at 5:32 pm ET|
The Patriots have signed third-round pick Duron Harmon. The 6-foot-1, 200-pound Harmon, a defensive back out of Rutgers who was taken with the 91st overall pick, is the first member of New England’s eight-man draft class to come to terms on a rookie contract.
As a senior at Rutgers, Harmon had 50 tackles and seven pass breakups while starting all 13 games for the Scarlet Knights, and came away with his second consecutive first-team all-Big East nod.
No contract information was immediately available, but last year’s 91st overall pick was Southern Miss tackle Lamar Holmes, who went to the Falcons. He signed a four-year, $2.633 million contract that included a $533,600 signing bonus.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brissett Is Patriots' Most Important Rookie
- Malcolm Butler Contract: Latest News, Rumors
- Patriots DT Plans to Recruit Kevin Durant to Celtics
- Patriots Feature Formidable 3-Man Pass-Rush Rotation
- Patriots File Amicus Brief Supporting Brady's Deflategate Suspension...
- Deep Battle Brewing for Roster Spots at WR for Patriots
- Robert Kraft Comments on Handling of Tom Brady's Deflategate Suspension