Report: Gronk set for another surgery next week
|05.16.13 at 10:43 pm ET|
Another month, another forearm surgery for Rob Gronkowski.
According to multiple reports, Gronkowski will undergo his fourth surgery on his left forearm next week. Albert Breer of the NFL Network reports that Dr. Jesse Jupiter is set to perform the operation next week at Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston.
In this case, the looming surgery was anticipated because of an infection. According to ESPN, assuming the infection has cleared, next week’s procedure would replace the plate in the forearm, and from that point, the recovery time would be 10 weeks, which would be approximately the start of training camp in July. If the infection hasn’t yet cleared, the NFL Network is reporting that a fifth surgery would almost certainly be needed, which would throw the start of Gronkowski’s season into serious doubt.
Gronkowski suffered the initial break in a Week 11 win over the Colts, and later re-broke his arm in the postseason against the Texans. The 23-year-old caught 55 passes for 790 yards and 11 touchdowns for the Patriots in 2012.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
2015 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2015 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Realistic Trade Partners for Patriots in NFL Draft
- Patriots Must Move to Re-Sign Connolly
- Patriots Rapid-Fire Predictions for NFL Draft
- Making Pats' Case for Jordan Phillips
- Potential Day One Starters for the Patriots
- Why Easley Is Patriots' Most Overlooked Starter
- Best, Worst Case Scenarios for Pats' Top 3 Picks