Source: Seventh-round pick Steve Beauharnais to sign contract Thursday
|05.16.13 at 12:00 pm ET|
The Patriots and seventh-round pick Steve Beauharnais have agreed to a contract, according to a league source, and the Rutgers product is expected to sign his deal later Thursday afternoon.
Beauharnais is a 6-foot-1, 240-pounder who was taken 235th overall, and was one of three Scarlet Knights who was selected by the Patriots in this draft. Beauharnais finished his senior season with 77 tackles, 16 of them for a loss, to go along with five sacks and three interceptions.
Beauharnais was adamant that he would not sign a deal until he was done with his studies for the year, and he was true to his word — according to a source, he took his last final on Wednesday and was in Foxboro on Thursday participating in the offseason workout program, lifting weights and attending meetings.
Beauharnais is the second member of New England’s 2013 draft class to reach a contract agreement. Third-round pick Duron Harmon signed his deal earlier in the week.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Best and Worst Moves New England Patriots Can Make This Offseason
- Bill Belichick Named Potential Witness in Aaron Hernandez's Double-Murder...
- Mike Freeman's 10-Point Stance: Patriots' Big Trade Bait, NFL's Athletic...
- Martellus Bennett Reportedly to Test Free Agency, Patriots Exit Possible
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl 51 Jersey Valued at $500,000 in Police...
- 10 NFL Combine Participants New England Patriots Fans Should Know
- Devin McCourty Comments on Decision to Skip White House Visit with Donald...