Source: Seventh-round pick Steve Beauharnais to sign contract Thursday
|05.16.13 at 12:00 pm ET|
The Patriots and seventh-round pick Steve Beauharnais have agreed to a contract, according to a league source, and the Rutgers product is expected to sign his deal later Thursday afternoon.
Beauharnais is a 6-foot-1, 240-pounder who was taken 235th overall, and was one of three Scarlet Knights who was selected by the Patriots in this draft. Beauharnais finished his senior season with 77 tackles, 16 of them for a loss, to go along with five sacks and three interceptions.
Beauharnais was adamant that he would not sign a deal until he was done with his studies for the year, and he was true to his word — according to a source, he took his last final on Wednesday and was in Foxboro on Thursday participating in the offseason workout program, lifting weights and attending meetings.
Beauharnais is the second member of New England’s 2013 draft class to reach a contract agreement. Third-round pick Duron Harmon signed his deal earlier in the week.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Pats' 13th Straight Season With 10+ Wins
- Patriots vs. Broncos: Betting Odds, Analysis, NFL Pick
- Amendola, LaFell, White's Post-Week 11 Fantasy Advice
- Once Again, the Patriots Find a Way to Stay Perfect
- White Has Potential to Fill Patriots' 3rd-Down Role
- Latest on Danny Amendola's Knee Injury
- Pats' 'Next Man Up' Philosophy Faces Tough Challenge