Pats officially announce signing of Jamie Collins, Steve Beauharnais
|05.17.13 at 11:44 am ET|
The Patriots announced Friday morning they have signed second-round pick Jamie Collins and seventh-round pick Steve Beauharnais.
Collins and Beauharnais join Logan Ryan (third round, 83rd overall) and Duron Harmon (third round, 91st overall) and as four of the seven picks selections to sign with the team.
Collins, 23, was selected by the Patriots in the second round of the draft with the 52nd selection overall out of Southern Mississippi. The 6-foot-3, 250-pounder, began his college career as a safety before moving to linebacker as a sophomore in 2010. He appeared in 52 games with 34 starts and registered 314 total tackles, 21 sacks, seven forced fumbles, three fumble recoveries and three interceptions with two returned for touchdowns. Last season he led the team with 92 total tackles and 10 sacks.
The 23-year-old Beauharnais — who agreed to a deal on Thursday — was selected by the Patriots in the seventh round (235th overall out of Rutgers). It was the second of two seventh round picks by the Patriots in 2013. The 6-foot-2, 230-pounder, was a three-year starter at linebacker. Last season, he started all 13 games at middle linebacker and finished with 83 total tackles. He was named a semifinalist for the Butkus Award following his senior season.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Rob Gronkowski Keeps Rolling as the Patriots' Offensive Pillar
- Patriots vs. Steelers: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- NFL Power Rankings: Breaking Down Sunday's Action Ahead of Week 7
- Patriots vs. Bengals: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Rob Gronkowski Illness: Updates on Patriots TE's Status and Return
- Tom Brady Elects Not to Comment When Asked About Donald Trump's Leaked...
- Cincinnati Bengals vs. New England Patriots Betting Odds, Analysis, NFL...