Pats sign WR Mark Harrison, K David Ruffer
|05.20.13 at 5:16 pm ET|
The Patriots added a pair of players to their roster on Monday, signing wide receiver Mark Harrison and kicker David Ruffer, according to the league transaction wire.
Harrison is a 6-foot-3, 231-pounder from Rutgers who had an up-and-down career as a collegian. In 2010, Harrison had 44 catches for 829 yards and nine touchdowns, which included a game against Cincinnati where he finished with 10 catches for 240 yards and four touchdowns.
Those numbers dropped way off in 2011 — perhaps due to a head injury — all the way to 14 catches for 274 yards. Those numbers went back up again last year when he had 44 receptions for 583 yards and six touchdowns. He becomes the fourth former Rutgers player to be picked up this offseason by the Patriots.
As for Ruffer, he is a 6-foot-1, 193-pounder from Notre Dame who converted 18 of his 19 field-goal attempts in 2010, including a 7-for-7 stretch from beyond 40 yards. A 2010 Lou Groza Award finalist, he connected on his first 23 career field goal attempts as a collegian ‘ an Irish record.
Ruffer, 24, transferred from to Notre Dame from William & Mary in 2008, and after appearing in seven games in 2009 as an injury replacement, he was the full-time kicker in 2010 and 2011. Ruffer finished his college career making 33-of-44 field goals and 93-of-97 extra point attempts.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- How Rookie Cyrus Jones Fits in Patriots Defense
- Patriots Long Snapper, May Leave Team to Fulfill Navy Duty
- Scarnecchia Has Tall Task Developing Pats' Young Offensive Line
- What Are Explanations for Patriots' Failure to Address Hole at RB?
- Patriots: Way-Too-Early 53-Man Roster and Depth Chart Predictions
- Kraft Comments on Brady's Deflategate Suspension Being Upheld
- Patriots Mock Draft and Big Board: Updated Day 3 Predictions