Tuesday OTA notes: Tom Brady spends quality time with Danny Amendola and Mike Jenkins
|05.21.13 at 1:29 pm ET|
FOXBORO — The Patriots wrapped up a relatively quick OTA session on the fields behind Gillette Stadium a little while ago.
With the understanding it’s tough to make any sweeping generalizations about where players are at this time of year because no one was wearing numbers and it was a relatively low-intensity session, here are a few notes on the practice, which ran roughly 90 minutes.
‘¢Among the missing were tight end Rob Gronkowski, linebacker Brandon Spikes, wide receiver Julian Edelman and running back Brandon Bolden. There were a handful of players who spent time on stationary bikes working out, a group that included right tackle Sebastian Vollmer and rookie wide receiver Josh Boyce.
‘¢At running back, it’s clear Stevan Ridley is now in charge of the group. Leon Washington did get some reps with the rest of the running backs, and saw a lot of action as the primary option at kick returner.
‘¢New wide receivers Danny Amendola and Mike Jenkins saw extensive time with quarterback Tom Brady — at one point, just about the rest of the team was on one field working in special teams drills, they were on the other field working together with offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels. Rookie Aaron Dobson made a nice catch in traffic, while linebacker Dont’a Hightower picked off a pass from quarterback Ryan Mallett.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Garoppolo Comments on Opportunity to Start for Patriots
- Dion Lewis Injury: Updates on Patriots RB's Recovery from Surgery
- Should Patriots Give Brissett Chance to Start Week 1?
- Robert Kraft Releases Statement on Brady Not Continuing Deflategate...
- Tom Brady Accepts Deflategate Suspension, Won't Appeal to Supreme Court
- Excited by Absence of Brady, Pats' Rivals Likely to Be Disappointed Again
- Simmons Accuses Stephen A. of Blasting Brady for the NFL