Patriots add Kevin Haslam, release R.J. Mattes
|05.22.13 at 8:16 pm ET|
The Patriots made some moves on their offensive line on Wednesday, claiming tackle Kevin Haslam off waivers from the Chargers and releasing R.J. Mattes.
The 6-foot-5, 310-pound Haslam played collegiately at Rutgers, and started three games at left tackle for San Diego down the stretch of the 2012 regular season. He also spent part of the 2010 season with the Jaguars.
Mattes was a rookie free agent signed earlier this month. The 23-year-old was a four-year starter at both guard and tackle at North Carolina State. The 6-foot-6, 313-pounder was named a second-team All-ACC as a senior in 2012.
For more Patriots coverage, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Josh McDaniels to Return as Patriots OC: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Patriots Picked Perfect Time to Play Imperfect Football in Win over...
- Dion Lewis vs. Texans: Stats, Highlights and Reaction
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- In Better Shape Than Ever at Age 39: Here's How Tom Brady Does It
- NFL1000: Why New England's Defense Can Carry Belichick to Another Super...
- Patriots vs. Dolphins: Full Report Card Grades for New England