Patriots add Kevin Haslam, release R.J. Mattes
|05.22.13 at 8:16 pm ET|
The Patriots made some moves on their offensive line on Wednesday, claiming tackle Kevin Haslam off waivers from the Chargers and releasing R.J. Mattes.
The 6-foot-5, 310-pound Haslam played collegiately at Rutgers, and started three games at left tackle for San Diego down the stretch of the 2012 regular season. He also spent part of the 2010 season with the Jaguars.
Mattes was a rookie free agent signed earlier this month. The 23-year-old was a four-year starter at both guard and tackle at North Carolina State. The 6-foot-6, 313-pounder was named a second-team All-ACC as a senior in 2012.
For more Patriots coverage, check out weei.com/patriots.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Freeney Would Add No Value to Patriots Defense
- Can Malcom Brown Make 2nd-Year Jump for Patriots?
- Is Cannon Safe on Patriots' Roster?
- Can Garoppolo Carry Patriots in Brady's Absence?
- Latest on Patriots WR Danny Amendola's Injury
- Patriots Players on Notice After 2016 Offseason Roster Moves
- Dobson Will Be in the Fight of His Life for a Roster Spot in 2016