Patriots add Kevin Haslam, release R.J. Mattes
|05.22.13 at 8:16 pm ET|
The Patriots made some moves on their offensive line on Wednesday, claiming tackle Kevin Haslam off waivers from the Chargers and releasing R.J. Mattes.
The 6-foot-5, 310-pound Haslam played collegiately at Rutgers, and started three games at left tackle for San Diego down the stretch of the 2012 regular season. He also spent part of the 2010 season with the Jaguars.
Mattes was a rookie free agent signed earlier this month. The 23-year-old was a four-year starter at both guard and tackle at North Carolina State. The 6-foot-6, 313-pounder was named a second-team All-ACC as a senior in 2012.
For more Patriots coverage, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Should Patriots Give Brissett Chance to Start Week 1?
- Robert Kraft Releases Statement on Brady Not Continuing Deflategate...
- Tom Brady Accepts Deflategate Suspension, Won't Appeal to Supreme Court
- Excited by Absence of Brady, Pats' Rivals Likely to Be Disappointed Again
- Simmons Accuses Stephen A. of Blasting Brady for the NFL
- Twitter Reacts to Brady's Denied Appeal
- Brady's Request for Rehearing of Deflategate Appeal Denied