Bill Belichick: I don’t hate Tim Tebow
|06.06.13 at 4:11 pm ET|
Bill Belichick contradicted a report from last month that indicated the Patriots coach disliked Tim Tebow and didn’t want him in New England.
“I wouldn’t get into the probability of us pursuing any free agent. Every single player has strengths and weaknesses but regardless of that, for anyone to have represented that is the way I feel about Tim Tebow is completely untrue, baseless and irresponsible,” Belichick told ESPN on Thursday. “It is unfortunate that something so inaccurate was reported.”
Last month, a column from Mike Silver of Yahoo! Sports quoted an “organizational source” as saying Belichick disliked Tebow as a player and there was “no chance” of him coming to New England.
Tebow is a free agent who was released by the Jets last month.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
2014 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2014 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- How Big of an Impact Will Easley Make for Pats?
- Patriots' Top Offseason Moves
- Assessing Every Patriots UDFA's Chances of Making the Roster
- Projecting Patriots' Roster Battles This Offseason
- Ranking Pats' Remaining Offseason Priorities
- Early Projections for Patriots' Final 53-Man Roster
- In-Depth Look at Each Pats Draft Pick