Poll: How will Patriots make best use of Tim Tebow?
|06.10.13 at 6:04 pm ET|
FOXBORO — It appears when the Patriots open mandatory minicamp Tuesday outside Gillette Stadium, they will have an added attraction.
Tim Tebow has been signed by the team, first reported by ESPN’s Ed Werder. Tebow was drafted in 2010 by then-Broncos coach Josh McDaniels. Tebow led the Broncos to an 8-8 finish in 2011, including a playoff win over the Steelers.
Tebow was beaten the next week, 45-10, in the AFC divisional round by the Patriots at Gillette Stadium as McDaniels returned to the Patriots coaching staff at the same time.
After the Broncos signed Peyton Manning before last season, Tebow was traded to the Jets and suffered through a miserable season, one in which the Jets stuck with Mark Sanchez and limited Tebow’s playing time. Tebow was released on April 29 after the Jets drafted Geno Smith.
Tebow is now reunited with the coach that drafted him in 2010 and figures to give McDaniels and Bill Belichick more versatility to run an option-spread offense.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Scarnecchia Has Tall Task Developing Pats' Young Offensive Line
- What Are Explanations for Patriots' Failure to Address Hole at RB?
- Patriots: Way-Too-Early 53-Man Roster and Depth Chart Predictions
- Kraft Comments on Brady's Deflategate Suspension Being Upheld
- Patriots Mock Draft and Big Board: Updated Day 3 Predictions
- Patriots Mock Draft and Big Board: Updated Day 2 Predictions
- Patriots Draft Picks: Results, Analysis and Grades