Aaron Hernandez: Shoulder is doing ‘better and better each day’
|06.11.13 at 9:25 pm ET|
FOXBORO — Aaron Hernandez was in attendance Tuesday as the Patriots opened mandatory mini-camp and was catching passes from his old college friend and teammate Tim Tebow in the back of the end zone, just like he used to with the Gators.
Hernandez said everything with his shoulder, repaired in the spring, is fine. The fact that he was on the field and participating, though on a limited basis, is a good sign that recovery is indeed full speed ahead.
‘Shoulder’s doing great,’ said Hernandez. ‘Better and better each day. Feeling good. Taking it day-by-day and hopefully by [the start of training camp] I’m ready. At the end of the day, you want to be healthy for the season. You don’t want to overdo it now and have it hurt you for the season. Just taking care of it, make sure you limit yourself and take it day-by-day.’
Hernandez is believed to have injured the shoulder late in the 2012 season and it’s not known exactly when he had the surgery.
Hernandez came out of the bubble late in mini-camp drills on Tuesday, joining the rest of the team as they were in full practice mode. Hernandez was among several Patriots to come out later, including Stevan Ridley, Brandon Spikes and Devin McCourty.
Hernandez, entering his fourth NFL season with the Patriots, has caught 175 passes and 18 touchdowns while amassing nearly 2,000 yards. Unlike Rob Gronkowski, Hernandez is expected to be at full strength when the team opens full training camp in late July.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Biggest Needs New England Patriots Have Yet to Address This Offseason
- Super Bowl 49 Champion Bryan Stork Retires from NFL at 26 Years Old
- Tom Brady Super Bowl 51 Jersey Theft Timeline Revealed on Video
- Photos of Tom Brady's Previously Missing Super Bowl 51 Jersey Revealed
- New England Patriots: Updated Draft Big Board After First Wave of Free...
- Tyler Gaffney Released by New England Patriots
- Tom Brady Issues Statement on Recovery of Missing Super Bowl 51 Jersey