Ed Reed: Kick from Tom Brady led to offseason surgery
|06.11.13 at 5:02 pm ET|
Ed Reed said Tuesday that a kick from Patriots quarterback Tom Brady in the AFC title game may have ultimately caused him to suffer an injury and undergo offseason surgery to repair a torn labrum in his hip.
Reed hinted to reporters that incident — a play where the quarterback was sliding to avoid a tackle and ended up nailing the veteran safety — led to an injury. Reed said that looking back, there’s only one play where the injury could have happened.
‘Only play I can look at is when I got kicked by a certain quarterback, but even, then I played in the Super Bowl and you saw what happened there,’ Reed told reporters. ‘Even then I had two MCL sprains, a second degree one in the left in the Super Bowl in the first quarter and played through that. So if you’ve got any questions about my heart and how I play and how I work (that’s your answer).’
The defensive back, who signed a free-agent deal with the Texans in the offseason, said Brady has since apologized for the slide. Brady was fined $10,000 for the incident.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Julian Edelman Comments on His Role Against Bills in Week 4
- Anthony Johnson Released by Patriots: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Jacoby Brissett Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Thumb and Return
- Jacoby Brissett, QBs Making Their First Career Start Under Belichick Are...
- Shorthanded Patriots Send Emphatic Message That They Are Team to Beat in...
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Jacoby Brissett, Julian Edelman, LeGarrette Blount Post-Week 3 Fantasy...