Patriots make Tim Tebow signing official
|06.11.13 at 9:50 am ET|
FOXBORO — It’s official. Tim Tebow is a Patriot.
The Patriots announced Tuesday morning, hours before the opening of their mandatory mini-camp, that they have signed free agent quarterback Tim Tebow. Terms of the contract were not announced, though ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports it’s a two-year non-guaranteed deal. Tebow is expected to be in camp and fully participate.
Tebow, 25, is a veteran of three NFL seasons with the Denver Broncos (2010-11) and the New York Jets (2012). The 6-foot-3, 236-pounder, originally entered the NFL as a first-round draft pick (25th overall) by Denver in 2010 out of Florida. After two seasons with the Broncos, he was traded by Denver to the Jets on March 21, 2012, in exchange for a fourth and sixth-round draft selections in the 2012 NFL Draft. Tebow was released by the Jets on April 29, 2013.
Tebow has played in 35 NFL games with 16 starts and has 173 completions on 361 pass attempts for 2,422 yards with 17 touchdowns. He has also rushed for 989 yards on 197 attempts with 12 touchdowns. Last season with the Jets, he played in 12 games with two starts and completed 6-of-8 pass attempts for 39 yards and had 32 rushing attempts for 102 yards.
His best statistical season was in 2011 when he led Denver to the postseason after starting in 11 of 14 games and completing 126-of-271 pass attempts for 1,729 yards with 12 touchdowns and adding 660 rushing yards on 122 attempts with six touchdowns. Tebow started in both postseason games, completing 19-of-47 pass attempts for 452 yards and two touchdowns.
At Florida, Tebow was a finalist for the Heisman Trophy for three years, winning the award in 2007 as a sophomore.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Robert Kraft Comments on Tom Brady's Super Bowl Jersey Being Returned
- President Donald Trump to Host Patriots at White House on April 19
- Darrelle Revis Reportedly Expected to Return to Patriots If He Plays Next...
- Biggest Needs New England Patriots Have Yet to Address This Offseason
- Super Bowl 49 Champion Bryan Stork Retires from NFL at 26 Years Old
- Tom Brady Super Bowl 51 Jersey Theft Timeline Revealed on Video
- Photos of Tom Brady's Previously Missing Super Bowl 51 Jersey Revealed