Rex Ryan: ‘If they want to replace [Tom] Brady with [Tim Tebow], that’s fine’
|06.11.13 at 1:53 pm ET|
“I have a funny feeling there’s going to be more questions about former players than there are current players,” Ryan said, via the New York Daily News.
Tebow struggled to get on the field last year in New York after the Jets acquired him from the Broncos, but Ryan had nothing negative to say about him.
“It’s not a surprise to me that Tim would be picked up,” Ryan said. “Obviously, as I’ve said before, [he’s] a tremendous young man. Very competitive. I’m happy for him and look forward to competing against him.”
Added Ryan: “I’m happy for the young man to get another opportunity in the league. … It’s didn’t work out here. Obviously Tim had more success in Denver than he did here. So, it is what it is.”
Ryan said he’s “not worried” about how it would be perceived if Tebow contributed to the Patriots’ success following his brief stint in New York, nor did he have any desire to speculate how Bill Belichick might use him.
“Not really,” Ryan said. “If they want to replace [Tom] Brady with him, that’s fine.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- NFL Week 5 Betting Odds Picks: Falcons, Bengals, Patriots Will Stay...
- Patriots' Week 5 Stock Report
- Patriots, Titans Betting Trends Following Bye Week
- Sheard Finally Gives Patriots Depth at OLB
- Week 4 Proves Why Pats Are Still in Driver's Seat
- Patriots Favored over Cowboys in Marquee Matchup
- Pros, Cons of Patriots' Offensive Line Shuffling