Rex Ryan: ‘If they want to replace [Tom] Brady with [Tim Tebow], that’s fine’
|06.11.13 at 1:53 pm ET|
“I have a funny feeling there’s going to be more questions about former players than there are current players,” Ryan said, via the New York Daily News.
Tebow struggled to get on the field last year in New York after the Jets acquired him from the Broncos, but Ryan had nothing negative to say about him.
“It’s not a surprise to me that Tim would be picked up,” Ryan said. “Obviously, as I’ve said before, [he’s] a tremendous young man. Very competitive. I’m happy for him and look forward to competing against him.”
Added Ryan: “I’m happy for the young man to get another opportunity in the league. … It’s didn’t work out here. Obviously Tim had more success in Denver than he did here. So, it is what it is.”
Ryan said he’s “not worried” about how it would be perceived if Tebow contributed to the Patriots’ success following his brief stint in New York, nor did he have any desire to speculate how Bill Belichick might use him.
“Not really,” Ryan said. “If they want to replace [Tom] Brady with him, that’s fine.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Philadelphia Eagles vs. New England Patriots Betting Odds, Analysis, NFL...
- Biggest Takeaways from Patriots' Week 12 Loss
- WR Chris Harper Released by Patriots
- Brady Comments on Officiating During Broncos Loss
- Buzz: Patriots Hopeful Gronk, Amendola Will Play vs. Eagles
- Chandler's Updated Fantasy Outlook After Gronkowski's Injury
- Full Game Grades for Pats vs. Broncos