Rex Ryan: ‘If they want to replace [Tom] Brady with [Tim Tebow], that’s fine’
|06.11.13 at 1:53 pm ET|
“I have a funny feeling there’s going to be more questions about former players than there are current players,” Ryan said, via the New York Daily News.
Tebow struggled to get on the field last year in New York after the Jets acquired him from the Broncos, but Ryan had nothing negative to say about him.
“It’s not a surprise to me that Tim would be picked up,” Ryan said. “Obviously, as I’ve said before, [he’s] a tremendous young man. Very competitive. I’m happy for him and look forward to competing against him.”
Added Ryan: “I’m happy for the young man to get another opportunity in the league. … It’s didn’t work out here. Obviously Tim had more success in Denver than he did here. So, it is what it is.”
Ryan said he’s “not worried” about how it would be perceived if Tebow contributed to the Patriots’ success following his brief stint in New York, nor did he have any desire to speculate how Bill Belichick might use him.
“Not really,” Ryan said. “If they want to replace [Tom] Brady with him, that’s fine.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Can the New England Patriots Survive Another Rob Gronkowski Absence?
- Rob Gronkowski Injury Update: TE Reportedly Will Miss 8 Weeks with Back...
- Marcus Cannon, Patriots Agree to New Contract: Latest Details and...
- Tom Brady Became 5th QB in NFL History to Throw for at Least 60,000 Yards
- Patriots vs. Jets: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Rob Gronkowski Injury: Updates on Patriots Star's Recovery from Back...
- Julian Edelman Injury: Updates on Patriots Star's Foot and Return