Rex Ryan: ‘If they want to replace [Tom] Brady with [Tim Tebow], that’s fine’
|06.11.13 at 1:53 pm ET|
With Tim Tebow signing in New England, Jets coach Rex Ryan knew what to expect when he met the media for a Tuesday morning press conference in advance of the team’s minicamp.
“I have a funny feeling there’s going to be more questions about former players than there are current players,” Ryan said, via the New York Daily News.
Tebow struggled to get on the field last year in New York after the Jets acquired him from the Broncos, but Ryan had nothing negative to say about him.
“It’s not a surprise to me that Tim would be picked up,” Ryan said. “Obviously, as I’ve said before, [he's] a tremendous young man. Very competitive. I’m happy for him and look forward to competing against him.”
Added Ryan: “I’m happy for the young man to get another opportunity in the league. … It’s didn’t work out here. Obviously Tim had more success in Denver than he did here. So, it is what it is.”
Ryan said he’s “not worried” about how it would be perceived if Tebow contributed to the Patriots’ success following his brief stint in New York, nor did he have any desire to speculate how Bill Belichick might use him.
“Not really,” Ryan said. “If they want to replace [Tom] Brady with him, that’s fine.”
- Alfonzo Dennard's Sentence Extended
- New England Patriots resign WR Austin Collie
- New England Patriots Links 12/05/13 - Alfonzo Dennard to Find Out Legal...
- 2013 Week 13 Patriots Power Rankings
- Patriots Are Reliant on Rookies, But Still Winning
- New England Patriots Links 12/04/13 - Patriots Preparing For All Browns...
- NFL Playoff Picture: Where do the Patriots Stand After 12 Games?