Tim Tebow: ‘It’s going to be a lot of fun’
|06.11.13 at 1:43 pm ET|
FOXBORO — With about 80 reporters from around New England and the country assembled, and 15 cameras waiting on his every word, Tim Tebow made only a statement after he came off the field Tuesday afternoon, following the first of three mini-camp workouts outside Gillette Stadium.
“First and foremost, I just want to thank the Patriots for giving me an opportunity,” Tebow began. “I’m very thankful. It’s such an honor to be a Patriot and play for coach [Bill] Belichick and coach [Josh] McDaniels, and learn under Tom [Brady] and be a part of this great franchise and very successful franchise. I found out first hand; lost to them several times.
“It’s going to be a lot of fun. I’m looking forward to working hard every single day and getting a lot better
and learning under some great people.
As reporters attempted to ask questions, Tebow was escorted off the field by media relations staff. The team estimated that the media crush was about double what a normal June mini-camp would bring.
“That’s all I got. Thank you all so much and God bless. I’m sure we’ll be talking more soon.”
- Alfonzo Dennard's Sentence Extended
- New England Patriots resign WR Austin Collie
- New England Patriots Links 12/05/13 - Alfonzo Dennard to Find Out Legal...
- 2013 Week 13 Patriots Power Rankings
- Patriots Are Reliant on Rookies, But Still Winning
- New England Patriots Links 12/04/13 - Patriots Preparing For All Browns...
- NFL Playoff Picture: Where do the Patriots Stand After 12 Games?