Bill Belichick on Brandon Spikes: ‘We all know the rules and the guidelines’
|06.12.13 at 12:44 pm ET|
Asked about his reaction when a player chooses to work out on his own away from the team, as was the case with Spikes during OTAs, Belichick offered this:
“It is what it is,” he said “We all know what the rules and the guidelines are and that’s what they are.”
May OTA’s are technically voluntary but every NFL team mandates some form of attendance and/or participation from players under contract in June mini-camp.
Spikes has been in attendance this week, and spoke Tuesday. He said he likes to do things “a little different than everybody else.”
Can it affect a player’s position on the team if he chooses not to be here?
“It is what it is,” Belichick said. “We don’t make the rules.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Free Agents That Need to Be on Patriots' Radar
- Why Big Changes Could Be Coming for Patriots at WR
- Super Bowl XXXVI: Reliving the Start of the Patriots Dynasty
- We Remember: Butler's Game-Winning in Super Bowl XLIX
- Patriots Must Focus on Bringing Balance to Offense This Offseason
- Pats Must Use 2016 Offseason to Prep for Big 2017 FA Class
- Glenn Gronkowski to Meet with Patriots During Senior Bowl