Bill Belichick on Brandon Spikes: ‘We all know the rules and the guidelines’
|06.12.13 at 12:44 pm ET|
FOXBORO — Without mentioning his name, Bill Belichick addressed the Brandon Spikes situation on Wednesday.
Asked about his reaction when a player chooses to work out on his own away from the team, as was the case with Spikes during OTAs, Belichick offered this:
“It is what it is,” he said “We all know what the rules and the guidelines are and that’s what they are.”
May OTA’s are technically voluntary but every NFL team mandates some form of attendance and/or participation from players under contract in June mini-camp.
Spikes has been in attendance this week, and spoke Tuesday. He said he likes to do things “a little different than everybody else.”
Can it affect a player’s position on the team if he chooses not to be here?
“It is what it is,” Belichick said. “We don’t make the rules.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Stats the Patriots Must Improve in 2014
- Cuts That Could Create Serious Cap Space for Pats
- Bargain Guide to Patriots' Offseason
- State of the Patriots at Start of 2014 Offseason
- Patriots 2014 Mock Draft with Scouting Profiles
- Manning Deserves Appreciation in Patriot Nation
- Patriots' Initial 2014 Draft Big Board