Broncos taking a page from Patriots and going uptempo in 2013?
|06.14.13 at 7:45 am ET|
On Thursday, Mike Klis of the Denver Post had an interesting look at the Broncos flirting with the idea of playing faster football in 2013, and the story has numerous references to the Patriots and what they’ve been able to accomplish from a no-huddle perspective over the last few seasons.
Klis — who notes that the Patriots offense led the NFL in plays last year — writes:
Forgive Broncos fans if when they read and hear reports about how fast [Peyton] Manning is directing the offense this offseason, they immediately wonder if their team is going New England fast. As in Week 5 of the 2012 season, when quarterback Tom Brady used one word to signal a play call and the Patriots got off an astounding 89 plays against a bewildered Denver defense.
“We’re fooling with some of that,” [Denver head coach John] Fox said. “We fooled with some of it last year. You tinker this time of year.”
Klis also notes that “the Broncos have been practicing faster this offseason. Their organized team activity (OTA) practices also indicate Manning has his offense practicing far more efficiently than at this time last year.”
An interesting read, and certainly food for thought when it comes to watching the Broncos this season.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Report: Montee Ball Released by Patriots
- Free-Agent RBs Patriots Should Consider This Offseason
- Free Agents That Need to Be on Patriots' Radar
- Why Big Changes Could Be Coming for Patriots at WR
- Super Bowl XXXVI: Reliving the Start of the Patriots Dynasty
- We Remember: Butler's Game-Winning in Super Bowl XLIX
- Patriots Must Focus on Bringing Balance to Offense This Offseason