Broncos taking a page from Patriots and going uptempo in 2013?
|06.14.13 at 7:45 am ET|
On Thursday, Mike Klis of the Denver Post had an interesting look at the Broncos flirting with the idea of playing faster football in 2013, and the story has numerous references to the Patriots and what they’ve been able to accomplish from a no-huddle perspective over the last few seasons.
Klis — who notes that the Patriots offense led the NFL in plays last year — writes:
Forgive Broncos fans if when they read and hear reports about how fast [Peyton] Manning is directing the offense this offseason, they immediately wonder if their team is going New England fast. As in Week 5 of the 2012 season, when quarterback Tom Brady used one word to signal a play call and the Patriots got off an astounding 89 plays against a bewildered Denver defense.
“We’re fooling with some of that,” [Denver head coach John] Fox said. “We fooled with some of it last year. You tinker this time of year.”
Klis also notes that “the Broncos have been practicing faster this offseason. Their organized team activity (OTA) practices also indicate Manning has his offense practicing far more efficiently than at this time last year.”
An interesting read, and certainly food for thought when it comes to watching the Broncos this season.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Tom Brady Comments on Friendship with President Donald Trump
- Even Patriots Haters Should Marvel at Historic Greatness of Brady and Co.
- Tom Brady, Bill Belichick Clinch Record 7th Super Bowl Appearance
- Danny Amendola Injury: Updates on Patriots Star's Ankle and Return
- Martellus Bennett Injury: Updates on Patriots TE's Knee, Ankle and Return
- Donald Trump Addresses Robert Kraft, Tom Brady at Campaign Donors Dinner
- Patriots' No-Name Defense Has Started Making a Name for Itself