Broncos taking a page from Patriots and going uptempo in 2013?
|06.14.13 at 7:45 am ET|
On Thursday, Mike Klis of the Denver Post had an interesting look at the Broncos flirting with the idea of playing faster football in 2013, and the story has numerous references to the Patriots and what they’ve been able to accomplish from a no-huddle perspective over the last few seasons.
Klis — who notes that the Patriots offense led the NFL in plays last year — writes:
Forgive Broncos fans if when they read and hear reports about how fast [Peyton] Manning is directing the offense this offseason, they immediately wonder if their team is going New England fast. As in Week 5 of the 2012 season, when quarterback Tom Brady used one word to signal a play call and the Patriots got off an astounding 89 plays against a bewildered Denver defense.
“We’re fooling with some of that,” [Denver head coach John] Fox said. “We fooled with some of it last year. You tinker this time of year.”
Klis also notes that “the Broncos have been practicing faster this offseason. Their organized team activity (OTA) practices also indicate Manning has his offense practicing far more efficiently than at this time last year.”
An interesting read, and certainly food for thought when it comes to watching the Broncos this season.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Tom Brady Says He Has No Interest in Pursuing Coaching Career
- New England Patriots vs. Buffalo Bills Betting Odds, Analysis, NFL Pick
- Dion Lewis Injury: Updates on Patriots RB's Recovery from Knee Surgery
- Rob Gronkowski Keeps Rolling as the Patriots' Offensive Pillar
- Patriots vs. Steelers: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- NFL Power Rankings: Breaking Down Sunday's Action Ahead of Week 7
- Patriots vs. Bengals: Full Report Card Grades for New England