Patriots sign FA running back George Winn
|06.17.13 at 5:14 pm ET|
The Patriots signed free agent running back George Winn on Monday.
The 5-foot-10 1/2, 218-pounder out of the University of Cincinnati was a signee of the Texans right after the draft, but was waived last month. The 22-year-old Winn had little success over the first three years of his collegiate career, but really busted out in 2012 as a senior with the Bearcats when he finished with 1,334 yards and 13 touchdowns on 243 carries.
One possible connection on how he landed on New England’s radar screen could be because of the fact that he was recruited to Cincinnati by former Bearcats coach Brian Kelly. Kelly, who has since moved on to Notre Dame, was a guest at Patriots minicamp last week.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Rob Gronkowski Keeps Rolling as the Patriots' Offensive Pillar
- Patriots vs. Steelers: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- NFL Power Rankings: Breaking Down Sunday's Action Ahead of Week 7
- Patriots vs. Bengals: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Rob Gronkowski Illness: Updates on Patriots TE's Status and Return
- Tom Brady Elects Not to Comment When Asked About Donald Trump's Leaked...
- Cincinnati Bengals vs. New England Patriots Betting Odds, Analysis, NFL...