Patriots sign FA running back George Winn
|06.17.13 at 5:14 pm ET|
The Patriots signed free agent running back George Winn on Monday.
The 5-foot-10 1/2, 218-pounder out of the University of Cincinnati was a signee of the Texans right after the draft, but was waived last month. The 22-year-old Winn had little success over the first three years of his collegiate career, but really busted out in 2012 as a senior with the Bearcats when he finished with 1,334 yards and 13 touchdowns on 243 carries.
One possible connection on how he landed on New England’s radar screen could be because of the fact that he was recruited to Cincinnati by former Bearcats coach Brian Kelly. Kelly, who has since moved on to Notre Dame, was a guest at Patriots minicamp last week.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Position Battles to Watch in Patriots Training Camp
- Does Brissett Have a Chance to Be Patriots Week 1 Starter?
- Brady Is Under Too Much Pressure, and It Could Crush Pats Dynasty
- Most Prominent Patriots on the Roster Bubble
- Report: Lombardi Leaving Pats Front Office
- What Could Ninkovich's Position Change Mean for Patriots Defense?
- Who Were Patriots Minicamp Stars