Patriots sign FA running back George Winn
|06.17.13 at 5:14 pm ET|
The Patriots signed free agent running back George Winn on Monday.
The 5-foot-10 1/2, 218-pounder out of the University of Cincinnati was a signee of the Texans right after the draft, but was waived last month. The 22-year-old Winn had little success over the first three years of his collegiate career, but really busted out in 2012 as a senior with the Bearcats when he finished with 1,334 yards and 13 touchdowns on 243 carries.
One possible connection on how he landed on New England’s radar screen could be because of the fact that he was recruited to Cincinnati by former Bearcats coach Brian Kelly. Kelly, who has since moved on to Notre Dame, was a guest at Patriots minicamp last week.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brady's Struggles Not a Major Concern
- What We've Learned Through Week 2 of Pats Preseason
- Previewing Patriots' Preseason Week 3 Matchup
- Patriots Preseason Week 2 Stock Report
- Report: Edelman's Wk 1 Status Uncertain
- Is Signing Wayne a Smart Move for Pats?
- NFL Files Letter in Response to Brady's Case Examples