Gronk’s surgeon issues statement on Tuesday surgery and rehab timetable
|06.18.13 at 11:37 pm ET|
Dr. Robert Watkins, who operated on Rob Gronkowski‘s back Tuesday in Southern California, issued a statement regarding the procedure on Tuesday evening.
“New England Patriots‘ tight end Rob Gronkowski underwent a microscopic lumbar discectomy surgery performed by Dr. Robert Watkins at Marina Del Rey Hospital in Los Angeles. The surgery went well. The timing of his return to football will depend on his progression through the rehabilitation program.”
Watkins, who performed a different type of back surgery on the tight end when he was a collegian at Arizona in 2009, executed the same procedure on Giants‘ defensive lineman Jason Pierre-Paul earlier this month.
For more Patriots news. check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- NFL Betting: Patriots vs. Giants Odds, Preseason Analysis
- Terrance Knighton Cut by Patriots: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Updates on Patriots OT Sebastian Vollmer Injury
- Latest Updates on Tom Brady's Thumb Injury
- Malcolm Mitchell Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Elbow
- Tom Brady Comments on Suspension, Decision to Drop Deflategate Appeal
- Latest Updates on Bryan Stork's Concussion