Gronk’s surgeon issues statement on Tuesday surgery and rehab timetable
|06.18.13 at 11:37 pm ET|
Dr. Robert Watkins, who operated on Rob Gronkowski‘s back Tuesday in Southern California, issued a statement regarding the procedure on Tuesday evening.
“New England Patriots‘ tight end Rob Gronkowski underwent a microscopic lumbar discectomy surgery performed by Dr. Robert Watkins at Marina Del Rey Hospital in Los Angeles. The surgery went well. The timing of his return to football will depend on his progression through the rehabilitation program.”
Watkins, who performed a different type of back surgery on the tight end when he was a collegian at Arizona in 2009, executed the same procedure on Giants‘ defensive lineman Jason Pierre-Paul earlier this month.
For more Patriots news. check out weei.com/patriots.
2015 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2015 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Patriots Must Move to Re-Sign Connolly
- Realistic Trade Partners for Patriots in NFL Draft
- Patriots Rapid-Fire Predictions for NFL Draft
- Making Pats' Case for Jordan Phillips
- Potential Day One Starters for the Patriots
- Why Easley Is Patriots' Most Overlooked Starter
- Best, Worst Case Scenarios for Pats' Top 3 Picks