Gronk’s surgeon issues statement on Tuesday surgery and rehab timetable
|06.18.13 at 11:37 pm ET|
Dr. Robert Watkins, who operated on Rob Gronkowski‘s back Tuesday in Southern California, issued a statement regarding the procedure on Tuesday evening.
“New England Patriots’ tight end Rob Gronkowski underwent a microscopic lumbar discectomy surgery performed by Dr. Robert Watkins at Marina Del Rey Hospital in Los Angeles. The surgery went well. The timing of his return to football will depend on his progression through the rehabilitation program.”
Watkins, who performed a different type of back surgery on the tight end when he was a collegian at Arizona in 2009, executed the same procedure on Giants’ defensive lineman Jason Pierre-Paul earlier this month.
For more Patriots news. check out weei.com/patriots.
- The Best Around
- New England Patriots Links 12/06/13 - Sunday Spotlight Will Have Pats'...
- Alfonzo Dennard's Sentence Extended
- New England Patriots resign WR Austin Collie
- New England Patriots Links 12/05/13 - Alfonzo Dennard to Find Out Legal...
- 2013 Week 13 Patriots Power Rankings
- Patriots Are Reliant on Rookies, But Still Winning