Report: Aaron Hernandez questioned in connection with murder, not considered a suspect
|06.18.13 at 6:02 pm ET|
Aaron Hernandez was questioned by police on Monday in connection with a possible homicide in North Attleboro, according to a report from SI.com.
The Patriots’ tight end is reportedly not considered a suspect, but a vehicle rented in his name has emerged as a key piece of evidence in the investigation. Meanwhile, according to SI.com, a source said Hernandez’s name is tied to that rental vehicle.
The Attleboro Sun Chronicle reported Tuesday that a jogger found the body of a 27-year-old Boston man on Monday in an North Attleboro clearing, less than a mile from Hernandez’s home.
According to ABC News, investigators are seeking a warrant to search Hernandez’s home. However, Hernandez has been uncooperative with police.
The 23-year-old tight end, who has played three seasons with the Patriots, caught 51 passes for 483 yards and five touchdowns last season.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Patriots: Way-Too-Early 53-Man Roster and Depth Chart Predictions
- Kraft Comments on Brady's Deflategate Suspension Being Upheld
- Patriots Mock Draft and Big Board: Updated Day 3 Predictions
- Patriots Mock Draft and Big Board: Updated Day 2 Predictions
- Patriots Draft Picks: Results, Analysis and Grades
- Why the 1st Round of the 2016 NFL Draft Still Matters to Patriots
- Patriots Last-Minute 7-Round Mock Draft and Top-100 Big Board