Report: Aaron Hernandez questioned in connection with murder, not considered a suspect
|06.18.13 at 6:02 pm ET|
Aaron Hernandez was questioned by police on Monday in connection with a possible homicide in North Attleboro, according to a report from SI.com.
The Patriots’ tight end is reportedly not considered a suspect, but a vehicle rented in his name has emerged as a key piece of evidence in the investigation. Meanwhile, according to SI.com, a source said Hernandez’s name is tied to that rental vehicle.
The Attleboro Sun Chronicle reported Tuesday that a jogger found the body of a 27-year-old Boston man on Monday in an North Attleboro clearing, less than a mile from Hernandez’s home.
According to ABC News, investigators are seeking a warrant to search Hernandez’s home. However, Hernandez has been uncooperative with police.
The 23-year-old tight end, who has played three seasons with the Patriots, caught 51 passes for 483 yards and five touchdowns last season.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Aaron Hernandez May Be Cleared in Double-Murder Trial Due to Deleted Text
- Robert Kraft Comments on Tom Brady's Super Bowl Jersey Being Returned
- President Donald Trump to Host Patriots at White House on April 19
- Darrelle Revis Reportedly Expected to Return to Patriots If He Plays Next...
- Biggest Needs New England Patriots Have Yet to Address This Offseason
- Super Bowl 49 Champion Bryan Stork Retires from NFL at 26 Years Old
- Tom Brady Super Bowl 51 Jersey Theft Timeline Revealed on Video