Aaron Hernandez reportedly not ruled out as suspect in murder case
|06.19.13 at 11:10 am ET|
Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez has not been ruled out as a suspect in the North Attleboro homicide investigation, according to a report from WBZ.
The report credits a law enforcement source as saying Hernandez has not been cooperating with investigators, who were back at Hernandez’ North Attleboro home Wednesday morning but left when no one answered the door. Hernandez was spotted driving away from the home earlier.
The body of a 27-year-old man was found by a jogger Monday in an industrial park near Hernandez’ home. The man was identified by his family Wednesday as Odin Lloyd, a Dorchester resident who was a linebacker for the semi-pro Boston Bandits football team.
According to multiple reports, Hernandez was tied to the case by a rental car under his name that had been found near the scene.
UPDATE, 12:22 p.m.: WBZ reports that the victim dated the sister of Hernandez’ girlfriend, according to Lloyd’s family.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Free-Agent OL Pats Should Target This Offseason
- FA WRs Patriots Should Target This Offseason
- Report: Montee Ball Released by Patriots
- Free-Agent RBs Patriots Should Consider This Offseason
- Free Agents That Need to Be on Patriots' Radar
- Why Big Changes Could Be Coming for Patriots at WR
- Super Bowl XXXVI: Reliving the Start of the Patriots Dynasty