Aaron Hernandez reportedly not ruled out as suspect in murder case
|06.19.13 at 11:10 am ET|
Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez has not been ruled out as a suspect in the North Attleboro homicide investigation, according to a report from WBZ.
The report credits a law enforcement source as saying Hernandez has not been cooperating with investigators, who were back at Hernandez’ North Attleboro home Wednesday morning but left when no one answered the door. Hernandez was spotted driving away from the home earlier.
The body of a 27-year-old man was found by a jogger Monday in an industrial park near Hernandez’ home. The man was identified by his family Wednesday as Odin Lloyd, a Dorchester resident who was a linebacker for the semi-pro Boston Bandits football team.
According to multiple reports, Hernandez was tied to the case by a rental car under his name that had been found near the scene.
UPDATE, 12:22 p.m.: WBZ reports that the victim dated the sister of Hernandez’ girlfriend, according to Lloyd’s family.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Best and Worst Moves New England Patriots Can Make This Offseason
- Bill Belichick Named Potential Witness in Aaron Hernandez's Double-Murder...
- Mike Freeman's 10-Point Stance: Patriots' Big Trade Bait, NFL's Athletic...
- Martellus Bennett Reportedly to Test Free Agency, Patriots Exit Possible
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl 51 Jersey Valued at $500,000 in Police...
- 10 NFL Combine Participants New England Patriots Fans Should Know
- Devin McCourty Comments on Decision to Skip White House Visit with Donald...