Report: Aaron Hernandez faces lawsuit in Florida for shooting acquaintance outside Miami club
|06.19.13 at 2:38 pm ET|
Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez, who reportedly is being investigated to determine his connection to a homicide of a 27-year-old man near his home in North Attleboro, was sued last week after allegedly shooting an acquaintance outside a Miami strip club, according to a report from TMZ.
The lawsuit was filed in federal court in Florida last Thursday. Alexander S. Bradley claims he went to the club with Hernandez, got in an argument with the Patriot and left in the same car. During the ride to Palm Beach, the lawsuit alleges, Hernandez aimed an unlicensed gun at Bradley and it discharged, striking Bradley in the face. Bradley indicated that he needed major surgery to reconstruct his face — losing his right eye — and suffered injuries to his right hand and arm as well.
TMZ credited a source as saying Bradley’s legal team dismissed the case four days after filing it because of a paperwork error and planned to refile Wednesday.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- How Big of an Impact Will Easley Make for Pats?
- Patriots' Top Offseason Moves
- Assessing Every Patriots UDFA's Chances of Making the Roster
- Projecting Patriots' Roster Battles This Offseason
- Ranking Pats' Remaining Offseason Priorities
- Early Projections for Patriots' Final 53-Man Roster
- In-Depth Look at Each Pats Draft Pick