Report: Aaron Hernandez faces lawsuit in Florida for shooting acquaintance outside Miami club
|06.19.13 at 2:38 pm ET|
Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez, who reportedly is being investigated to determine his connection to a homicide of a 27-year-old man near his home in North Attleboro, was sued last week after allegedly shooting an acquaintance outside a Miami strip club, according to a report from TMZ.
The lawsuit was filed in federal court in Florida last Thursday. Alexander S. Bradley claims he went to the club with Hernandez, got in an argument with the Patriot and left in the same car. During the ride to Palm Beach, the lawsuit alleges, Hernandez aimed an unlicensed gun at Bradley and it discharged, striking Bradley in the face. Bradley indicated that he needed major surgery to reconstruct his face — losing his right eye — and suffered injuries to his right hand and arm as well.
TMZ credited a source as saying Bradley’s legal team dismissed the case four days after filing it because of a paperwork error and planned to refile Wednesday.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Devin McCourty Comments on Decision to Skip White House Visit with Donald...
- Former Patriots, Miami CB Leonard Myers Dies at Age 38
- Tom Brady, Patriots Reportedly Have Mutual Interest in New Contract
- Jimmy Garoppolo Reportedly May Remain with Patriots Despite Trade Rumors
- Biggest Challenges Facing New England Patriots in 2017 Offseason
- Tom Brady's Super Bowl 51 Comeback to Be Made into Book and Feature Film
- Malcolm Butler's Life Story to Be Subject of Biographical Movie