Report: Rob Gronkowski will start preseason on PUP list
|06.19.13 at 2:22 pm ET|
Rob Gronkowski will start the preseason on the physically unable to perform list, according to Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network.
Gronkowski (who underwent his fifth surgery of the offseason and sixth of the last 17 months on Tuesday) had a procedure on his back Tuesday that was described by Dr. Robert Watkins as “microscopic lumbar discectomy surgery.” It is the second back surgery of the last four years — as a collegian, he had back surgery which left him on the shelf for a season.
Gronkowski has also had four surgeries this offseason on his forearm for a broken bone and a subsequent infection issue.
The question now is whether or not Gronkowski would start the regular season on the PUP list, which would leave him sidelined for at least the first six games of the year. Much of that can be tied to the length of the rehab process, and as Watkins stated here, “The timing of his return to football will depend on his progression through the rehabilitation program.”
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Danny Amendola Injury: Updates on Patriots Star's Ankle and Return
- Martellus Bennett Injury: Updates on Patriots TE's Knee and Return
- Donald Trump Addresses Robert Kraft, Tom Brady at Campaign Donors Dinner
- Patriots' No-Name Defense Has Started Making a Name for Itself
- Josh McDaniels to Return as Patriots OC: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Patriots Picked Perfect Time to Play Imperfect Football in Win over...
- Dion Lewis vs. Texans: Stats, Highlights and Reaction