Report: Hernandez destroyed home security system, handed over cell phone in pieces
|06.20.13 at 4:35 pm ET|
As Thursday continued, the Patriots tight end remained the subject of tremendous media scrutiny in the wake of the death of 27-year-old Odin Lloyd. Lloyd, who reportedly dated the sister of Hernandez’ fiancee, was found dead of a gunshot wound less than a mile from Hernandez’ home.
Hernandez spent Thursday morning going from his home to Gillette Stadium (where he stayed for roughly 30 minutes) to the offices of his lawyers in Boston, all while being trailed by several police and news helicopters. Meanwhile, police continue to comb the area around his home as the investigation continued.
Hernandez’ attorney Michael Fee released a statement on the news, saying: “It has been widely reported in the media that the state police have searched the home of our client, Aaron Hernandez, as part of an ongoing investigation. Out of respect for that process, neither we nor Aaron will have any comment about the substance of that investigation until it has come to a conclusion.”
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Week 4 Proves Why Pats Are Still in Driver's Seat
- Patriots Favored over Cowboys in Marquee Matchup
- Pros, Cons of Patriots' Offensive Line Shuffling
- What's the Secret to Lewis' Sudden Stardom?
- Blount and Lewis Are Perfect 1-2 Punch in Pats Backfield
- Adjustments Patriots Must Make After Bye Week
- Where Does Brady's Hot Start Rank?