Report: Hernandez destroyed home security system, handed over cell phone in pieces
|06.20.13 at 4:35 pm ET|
As Thursday continued, the Patriots tight end remained the subject of tremendous media scrutiny in the wake of the death of 27-year-old Odin Lloyd. Lloyd, who reportedly dated the sister of Hernandez’ fiancee, was found dead of a gunshot wound less than a mile from Hernandez’ home.
Hernandez spent Thursday morning going from his home to Gillette Stadium (where he stayed for roughly 30 minutes) to the offices of his lawyers in Boston, all while being trailed by several police and news helicopters. Meanwhile, police continue to comb the area around his home as the investigation continued.
Hernandez’ attorney Michael Fee released a statement on the news, saying: “It has been widely reported in the media that the state police have searched the home of our client, Aaron Hernandez, as part of an ongoing investigation. Out of respect for that process, neither we nor Aaron will have any comment about the substance of that investigation until it has come to a conclusion.”
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- FA WRs Patriots Should Target This Offseason
- Report: Montee Ball Released by Patriots
- Free-Agent RBs Patriots Should Consider This Offseason
- Free Agents That Need to Be on Patriots' Radar
- Why Big Changes Could Be Coming for Patriots at WR
- Super Bowl XXXVI: Reliving the Start of the Patriots Dynasty
- We Remember: Butler's Game-Winning in Super Bowl XLIX