Putin: If ring is such a big deal, I will have new one made for Kraft
|06.22.13 at 11:19 pm ET|
Russian President Vladimir Putin said Friday he doesn’t remember meeting Patriots owner Robert Kraft, but did say that if the Super Bowl XXXIX ring Kraft said Putin lifted “is so valuable,” he would order a special piece of jewelry for the New England owner to replace the ring.
‘If it is such a big treasure for Mr. Kraft and the team ‘¦ I have a suggestion,” he told reporters, with his tongue firmly in cheek. “I will ask a jewelry firm to make a really good and big thing, so everyone will see it is a luxury piece, made of quality metal and with a stone, so this piece will be passed from generation to generation in the team whose interests are represented by Mr. Kraft. This would be the smartest solution partners can ever achieve while tackling such a complicated international problem.’
Putin’s assertion comes in the wake of a Kraft’s statement that the Russian president made off with a Super Bowl XXXIX after the two met during a meeting in Russia months after the game. At the time, Kraft said he gave it as a gift, but last week he was quoted by the New York Post as saying Putin just took it.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Devin McCourty Comments on Decision to Skip White House Visit with Donald...
- Former Patriots, Miami CB Leonard Myers Dies at Age 38
- Tom Brady, Patriots Reportedly Have Mutual Interest in New Contract
- Jimmy Garoppolo Reportedly May Remain with Patriots Despite Trade Rumors
- Biggest Challenges Facing New England Patriots in 2017 Offseason
- Tom Brady's Super Bowl 51 Comeback to Be Made into Book and Feature Film
- Malcolm Butler's Life Story to Be Subject of Biographical Movie