Aaron Hernandez arrested, taken out of house in handcuffs
|06.26.13 at 8:57 am ET|
Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez was taken out of his North Attleboro home in handcuffs shortly before 9 a.m. Wednesday and driven to the town’s police station.
Wearing a white T-shirt over his arms and red shorts, Hernandez showed no expression on his face as two men in suits accompanied him to a police cruiser parked in his driveway.
Hernandez has been investigated for his connection to the murder of 27-year-old Odin Lloyd early last week. Late last week it was widely reported that Hernandez would be arrested for obstruction of justice.
The Mass. State Police tweeted later that Hernandez will be arraigned in Attleboro District Court, and the charges will be revealed at that time. Bristol County District Attorney Sam Sutter‘s office said he will hold a press conference after the arraignment.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Jacoby Brissett Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Thumb and Return
- Jacoby Brissett, QBs Making Their First Career Start Under Belichick Are...
- Shorthanded Patriots Send Emphatic Message That They Are Team to Beat in...
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Jacoby Brissett, Julian Edelman, LeGarrette Blount Post-Week 3 Fantasy...
- Despite Injuries, Patriots Already September's Biggest Winners in the NFL
- Houston Texans vs. New England Patriots Betting Odds, Analysis, NFL Pick