Aaron Hernandez arrested, taken out of house in handcuffs
|06.26.13 at 8:57 am ET|
Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez was taken out of his North Attleboro home in handcuffs shortly before 9 a.m. Wednesday and driven to the town’s police station.
Wearing a white T-shirt over his arms and red shorts, Hernandez showed no expression on his face as two men in suits accompanied him to a police cruiser parked in his driveway.
Hernandez has been investigated for his connection to the murder of 27-year-old Odin Lloyd early last week. Late last week it was widely reported that Hernandez would be arrested for obstruction of justice.
The Mass. State Police tweeted later that Hernandez will be arraigned in Attleboro District Court, and the charges will be revealed at that time. Bristol County District Attorney Sam Sutter‘s office said he will hold a press conference after the arraignment.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- How Big of an Impact Will Easley Make for Pats?
- Patriots' Top Offseason Moves
- Assessing Every Patriots UDFA's Chances of Making the Roster
- Projecting Patriots' Roster Battles This Offseason
- Ranking Pats' Remaining Offseason Priorities
- Early Projections for Patriots' Final 53-Man Roster
- In-Depth Look at Each Pats Draft Pick