Aaron Hernandez denied bail
|06.27.13 at 2:48 pm ET|
Aaron Hernandez was denied bail at a hearing on Thursday afternoon before Superior Court Judge Renee Dupuis in Fall River, meaning the former Patriots tight end will return to jail.
Saying “the Commonwealth [has] presented a case that (is) circumstantial, to be sure, but very, very strong,” Dupuis ordered Hernandez back to jail, and to appear in court for a July 24 probable cause hearing.
Hernandez has been charged with murder in the first degree in the death of 27-year-old Odin Lloyd earlier this month, and has pleaded not guilty to six charges he’s facing, which include the charge of murder; one count of carrying a firearm without a license; two counts of possession of a large capacity firearm; and two counts of possession of a firearm without a valid ID card. He has pleaded not guilty to all the charges.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Roger Goodell to Attend Patriots Home Opener, 1st Foxboro Trip Since...
- Robert Kraft 'Would Love' for Darrelle Revis to Return to Patriots
- Ideal Second-Round Fits for New England Patriots in 2017 NFL Draft
- Robert Kraft Discusses Restricted Free-Agent Malcolm Butler's Contract...
- Tom Brady Told Robert Kraft He'd Like to Play 6-7 More NFL Seasons
- Aaron Hernandez May Be Cleared in Double-Murder Trial Due to Deleted Text
- Robert Kraft Comments on Tom Brady's Super Bowl Jersey Being Returned