Aaron Hernandez denied bail
|06.27.13 at 2:48 pm ET|
Aaron Hernandez was denied bail at a hearing on Thursday afternoon before Superior Court Judge Renee Dupuis in Fall River, meaning the former Patriots tight end will return to jail.
Saying “the Commonwealth [has] presented a case that (is) circumstantial, to be sure, but very, very strong,” Dupuis ordered Hernandez back to jail, and to appear in court for a July 24 probable cause hearing.
Hernandez has been charged with murder in the first degree in the death of 27-year-old Odin Lloyd earlier this month, and has pleaded not guilty to six charges he’s facing, which include the charge of murder; one count of carrying a firearm without a license; two counts of possession of a large capacity firearm; and two counts of possession of a firearm without a valid ID card. He has pleaded not guilty to all the charges.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Rob Gronkowski Keeps Rolling as the Patriots' Offensive Pillar
- Patriots vs. Steelers: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- NFL Power Rankings: Breaking Down Sunday's Action Ahead of Week 7
- Patriots vs. Bengals: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Rob Gronkowski Illness: Updates on Patriots TE's Status and Return
- Tom Brady Elects Not to Comment When Asked About Donald Trump's Leaked...
- Cincinnati Bengals vs. New England Patriots Betting Odds, Analysis, NFL...