Aaron Hernandez denied bail
|06.27.13 at 2:48 pm ET|
Aaron Hernandez was denied bail at a hearing on Thursday afternoon before Superior Court Judge Renee Dupuis in Fall River, meaning the former Patriots tight end will return to jail.
Saying “the Commonwealth [has] presented a case that (is) circumstantial, to be sure, but very, very strong,” Dupuis ordered Hernandez back to jail, and to appear in court for a July 24 probable cause hearing.
Hernandez has been charged with murder in the first degree in the death of 27-year-old Odin Lloyd earlier this month, and has pleaded not guilty to six charges he’s facing, which include the charge of murder; one count of carrying a firearm without a license; two counts of possession of a large capacity firearm; and two counts of possession of a firearm without a valid ID card. He has pleaded not guilty to all the charges.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Tom Brady Comments on Friendship with President Donald Trump
- Even Patriots Haters Should Marvel at Historic Greatness of Brady and Co.
- Tom Brady, Bill Belichick Clinch Record 7th Super Bowl Appearance
- Danny Amendola Injury: Updates on Patriots Star's Ankle and Return
- Martellus Bennett Injury: Updates on Patriots TE's Knee, Ankle and Return
- Donald Trump Addresses Robert Kraft, Tom Brady at Campaign Donors Dinner
- Patriots' No-Name Defense Has Started Making a Name for Itself