Aaron Hernandez denied bail
|06.27.13 at 2:48 pm ET|
Aaron Hernandez was denied bail at a hearing on Thursday afternoon before Superior Court Judge Renee Dupuis in Fall River, meaning the former Patriots tight end will return to jail.
Saying “the Commonwealth [has] presented a case that (is) circumstantial, to be sure, but very, very strong,” Dupuis ordered Hernandez back to jail, and to appear in court for a July 24 probable cause hearing.
Hernandez has been charged with murder in the first degree in the death of 27-year-old Odin Lloyd earlier this month, and has pleaded not guilty to six charges he’s facing, which include the charge of murder; one count of carrying a firearm without a license; two counts of possession of a large capacity firearm; and two counts of possession of a firearm without a valid ID card. He has pleaded not guilty to all the charges.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Updates on Patriots OT Sebastian Vollmer Injury
- Latest Updates on Tom Brady's Thumb Injury
- Malcolm Mitchell Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Elbow
- Tom Brady Comments on Suspension, Decision to Drop Deflategate Appeal
- Latest Updates on Bryan Stork's Concussion
- Gronk Is Too Good to Be NFL's Highest-Paid TE
- Rob Gronkowski Contract: Latest News, Rumors on TE's Negotiations with...