Aaron Hernandez’s mother: My son will be cleared
|06.27.13 at 6:43 pm ET|
The mother of former Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez indicated Thursday that she believes her son is innocent, and will be absolved of the crimes he’s been accused of committing.
“All I can say is that he will be cleared of all of these charges in the end,” Terri Hernandez told the Bristol Press on Thursday. “Just let it play out until the end.”
Hernandez, who was released by the Patriots earlier this week, is charged with murder in the first degree in the killing of 27-year-old Odin Lloyd. Hernandez is also charged with one count of carrying a firearm without a license; two counts of possession of a large capacity firearm; and two counts of possession of a firearm without a valid ID card. He has pleaded not guilty to all the charges.
Bristol is the hometown of the Hernandez family, and Hernandez was a star for Bristol Central High as a senior.
2014 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2014 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- How Big of an Impact Will Easley Make for Pats?
- Patriots' Top Offseason Moves
- Assessing Every Patriots UDFA's Chances of Making the Roster
- Projecting Patriots' Roster Battles This Offseason
- Ranking Pats' Remaining Offseason Priorities
- Early Projections for Patriots' Final 53-Man Roster
- In-Depth Look at Each Pats Draft Pick