NFL issues statement regarding future of Aaron Hernandez
|06.27.13 at 5:15 pm ET|
Here’s the full statement from the NFL regarding Aaron Hernandez, which was released Thursday afternoon:
“NFL clubs were advised today that if Aaron Hernandez enters into a player contract prior to the resolution of the charges pending against him, the contract will not be approved or take effect until Commissioner Roger Goodell holds a hearing. The purpose of the hearing would be to determine whether Hernandez should be suspended or face other action prior to the charges being resolved.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Rob Gronkowski Comments on Roger Goodell, Future in Football, More
- Best and Worst Moves New England Patriots Can Make This Offseason
- Bill Belichick Named Potential Witness in Aaron Hernandez's Double-Murder...
- Mike Freeman's 10-Point Stance: Patriots' Big Trade Bait, NFL's Athletic...
- Martellus Bennett Reportedly to Test Free Agency, Patriots Exit Possible
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl 51 Jersey Valued at $500,000 in Police...
- 10 NFL Combine Participants New England Patriots Fans Should Know