Report: Aaron Hernandez being investigated for possible connection to 2012 double murder in Boston
|06.27.13 at 10:39 am ET|
Former Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez, who is due back in court Thursday afternoon for a bail review hearing a day after his arraignment on murder and weapons charges, is being investigated for his possible involvement in a double murder in Boston last summer, according to a report from Boston television station Fox 25.
Early in the morning of July 16, 2012, officers responding to a call found that three individuals had been shot while sitting in a car at a traffic light at the corner of Shawmut Avenue and Herald Street, according to police. Two of the men, Safiro Furtado and Daniel Abreu, died from their injuries. A third victim who was in the back seat survived. Investigators believed two other occupants of the car fled the scene.
Witnesses said the occupants of a gray or silver SUV with Rhode Island license plates were the shooters.
Hernandez, who was released by the Patriots after his arrest Wednesday morning, is in jail on first-degree murder and five weapons charges related to the killing of 27-year-old Odin Lloyd. He was ordered held without bail.
Hartford’s WFSB-TV reported that police on Wednesday searched a home in Bristol, Conn., that is owned by Hernandez’s uncle.
Meanwhile, a Connecticut official confirmed to The Courant that the arrest of a Connecticut man is related to the Lloyd investigation. Carlos Ortiz of Bristol was arrested Wednesday and charged with being a fugitive from justice.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Updates on Patriots Star Danny Amendola's Injuries
- Why Collins Is Patriots' Most Important 2017 Free Agent
- Biggest Issues the Patriots Will Face in 2016 Season
- Super Bowl Odds: Patriots Betting Favorites Despite Brady Suspension
- Position Battles to Watch in Patriots Training Camp
- Does Brissett Have a Chance to Be Patriots Week 1 Starter?
- Brady Is Under Too Much Pressure, and It Could Crush Pats Dynasty