Former Bills QB Jim Kelly calls Patriots ‘vulnerable’
|06.28.13 at 7:30 am ET|
At least one former AFC East star says the recent losses the Patriots have suffered leave them “vulnerable” in 2013.
Former Bills quarterback Jim Kelly told NFL AM on Thursday morning that the rest of the division might be able to make some distance between themselves and New England sooner rather than later.
‘They’re very vulnerable from the standpoint if you look at what Tom Brady‘s lost,’ Kelly said when asked about the Patriots. ‘When you lose a Wes Welker, that’s going to hurt. There’s no doubt. They have to feel something when it comes to losing their four, five top receivers.
‘I don’t really feel too sorry for them because sooner or late the Bills got to rise to the top, and if we have to take it that way?’ Kelly said. ‘Oh, well.’
Kelly also called out former Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez, and expressed sorrow for Hernandez and his family, as well as the family of the victim, 27-year-old Odin Lloyd.
‘Stupidity,’ Kelly said. ‘What are you thinking? This is a society today where you have to watch what you do, watch what you say. If this holds true, man, it’s a sad day not only for Hernandez’s family, but for the NFL in general.’
2014 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2014 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- How Big of an Impact Will Easley Make for Pats?
- Patriots' Top Offseason Moves
- Assessing Every Patriots UDFA's Chances of Making the Roster
- Projecting Patriots' Roster Battles This Offseason
- Ranking Pats' Remaining Offseason Priorities
- Early Projections for Patriots' Final 53-Man Roster
- In-Depth Look at Each Pats Draft Pick