Urban Meyer: ‘Wrong and irresponsible’ to blame University of Florida for Aaron Hernandez
|07.06.13 at 7:42 pm ET|
Ohio State coach Urban Meyer, in a text exchange with the Columbus Dispatch, took issue with suggestions that either he or the University of Florida served as enablers for former Patriots and University of Florida tight end Aaron Hernandez, who has been accused of murder in the death of Odin Lloyd.
‘Prayers and thoughts are with the family and friends of the victim,’ Meyer told the Dispatch in a text. ‘Relating or blaming these serious charges to the UniversityofFlorida, myself or our staff is wrong and irresponsible.’
Meyer suggested that reports of cover-ups of multiple failed drug tests by Hernandez were fals.
‘This is absolutely not true,’ Meyer suggested via text. ‘Hernandez was held to the same drug testing policy as every other player.
‘He was an athlete at Florida [four to seven years] ago and there are some comments being made that are not correct,’ Meyer’s added to the Dispatch. ‘Our staff, myself and our families worked very hard to mentor and guide him.’
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Patriots vs. Rams: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Tom Brady Passes Peyton Manning for Most Wins All-Time by a QB
- Danny Amendola Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Ankle and Return
- Tom Brady Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Knee and Return
- Alan Branch Wins Suspension Appeal: Latest Details and Reaction
- Can the New England Patriots Survive Another Rob Gronkowski Absence?
- Rob Gronkowski Injury Update: TE Reportedly Will Miss 8 Weeks with Back...