Ernest Wallace charged with accessory after the fact in Odin Lloyd murder
|07.08.13 at 5:30 pm ET|
Another suspect in the murder case of Odin Lloyd has been formally charged.
Ernest Wallace, 41, was brought into Attleboro District Court Monday and charged with being an accessory after the fact in the case that has Aaron Hernandez charged with first-degree murder.
The arraignment was much shorter than Hernandez’s on June 26 and – unlike the Hernandez arraignment – the prosecution provided no details about his involvement. However, like Hernandez, Wallace is being held without bail pending a July 22 pre-trial hearing.
Authorities said Wallace decided to turn himself on June 28 when police released his name Thursday night. With Wallace turning himself in, police now have all three men connected to Lloyd’s death in custody. Wallace, a resident of Miramar, Fla., was turned over on Friday to Massachusetts officials.
Police issued a regional alert asking for help in locating Wallace and a rented Chrysler 300. The alert indicated Wallace had ties to Connecticut, Massachusetts, Georgia and Florida. Court records in those four states show no major or violent crimes involving Wallace.
Prosecutors allege Lloyd, 27, was killed in a North Attleborough industrial park early on June 17, less than a mile from Hernandez’s home. Prosecutors say Hernandez, Wallace and another man drove with Lloyd to an industrial park in North Attleborough where Lloyd was shot. Relatives say he was dating the sister of Hernandez’s fiancee and that the two men were friends.
The Boston Globe reported authorities believe Hernandez rented the vehicle so that his two alleged accomplices could get away. The vehicle was recovered in Bristol, Conn., Hernandez’s hometown, after being located at an apartment complex.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Tom Brady Says He Has No Interest in Pursuing Coaching Career
- New England Patriots vs. Buffalo Bills Betting Odds, Analysis, NFL Pick
- Dion Lewis Injury: Updates on Patriots RB's Recovery from Knee Surgery
- Rob Gronkowski Keeps Rolling as the Patriots' Offensive Pillar
- Patriots vs. Steelers: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- NFL Power Rankings: Breaking Down Sunday's Action Ahead of Week 7
- Patriots vs. Bengals: Full Report Card Grades for New England