Report: Aaron Hernandez confessed to shooting Odin Lloyd
|07.09.13 at 8:33 pm ET|
According to a Florida police document obtained by TMZ, Aaron Hernandez confessed that he fired the shots that killed Odin Lloyd on June 17.
TMZ reported Tuesday evening that a police document cites a witness, who cites another witness.
Police in Miramar, Florida believed the tip was worthy of requesting a search warrant from a judge.
Prosecutors in the case believe Carlos Ortiz and Ernest Wallace were with Hernandez when Lloyd was murdered. Hernandez, Ortiz and Wallace are all in custody.
According to documents filed by the Miramar Police, Ortiz told investigators that Wallace told Ortiz that Hernandez confessed to Wallace that the former Patriots tight end shot Lloyd.
According to the Associated Press, the Florida documents also say that while investigating Lloyd’s killing, police thoroughly searched Hernandez’s hometown of Bristol, Conn. That search turned up a vehicle wanted in connection with a July 2012 double homicide in Boston. Police say the vehicle had been rented in Hernandez’s name.
Prosecutors say Hernandez, Wallace and another man drove with Lloyd to an industrial park where Lloyd was fatally shot. Ortiz told police that, after picking up Lloyd, four men headed back to North Attleborough.
During the drive, Hernandez – according to documents – told Lloyd that Lloyd had been “chilling” with people Hernandez had problems with. But Ortiz told police that the two men shook hands and the problem seemed smoothed over. But soon the car stopped, and everyone but Ortiz got out to urinate, according to Ortiz’s account.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Scarnecchia Has Tall Task Developing Pats' Young Offensive Line
- What Are Explanations for Patriots' Failure to Address Hole at RB?
- Patriots: Way-Too-Early 53-Man Roster and Depth Chart Predictions
- Kraft Comments on Brady's Deflategate Suspension Being Upheld
- Patriots Mock Draft and Big Board: Updated Day 3 Predictions
- Patriots Mock Draft and Big Board: Updated Day 2 Predictions
- Patriots Draft Picks: Results, Analysis and Grades