Report: Alfonzo Dennard denies police account of DUI tests
|07.12.13 at 12:49 pm ET|
After Patriots defensive back Alfonzo Dennard was arrested for DUI early Thursday morning in Lincoln, Neb., police said that Dennard refused a chemical test. An NFL.com report by Ian Rappoport indicates that Dennard has refuted that account.
According to Rappoport’s source, Dennard has said that he took at least two breathalyzer tests but apparently did not blow hard enough to meet qualifications, and he was not asked to take a blood test. His camp also denies that he failed the field test. Results of that test were not in the police report.
Dennard, on probation for assaulting a police officer last year, is due to spend 30 days in jail next March for that offense.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- NFL Power Rankings: Breaking Down Sunday's Action Ahead of Week 7
- Patriots vs. Bengals: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Rob Gronkowski Illness: Updates on Patriots TE's Status and Return
- Tom Brady Elects Not to Comment When Asked About Donald Trump's Leaked...
- Cincinnati Bengals vs. New England Patriots Betting Odds, Analysis, NFL...
- Martellus Bennett, Chris Hogan, James White Post-Week 5 Fantasy Advice
- Patriots vs. Browns: Full Report Card Grades for New England