Report: Alfonzo Dennard denies police account of DUI tests
|07.12.13 at 12:49 pm ET|
After Patriots defensive back Alfonzo Dennard was arrested for DUI early Thursday morning in Lincoln, Neb., police said that Dennard refused a chemical test. An NFL.com report by Ian Rappoport indicates that Dennard has refuted that account.
According to Rappoport’s source, Dennard has said that he took at least two breathalyzer tests but apparently did not blow hard enough to meet qualifications, and he was not asked to take a blood test. His camp also denies that he failed the field test. Results of that test were not in the police report.
Dennard, on probation for assaulting a police officer last year, is due to spend 30 days in jail next March for that offense.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Can the New England Patriots Survive Another Rob Gronkowski Absence?
- Rob Gronkowski Injury Update: TE Reportedly Will Miss 8 Weeks with Back...
- Marcus Cannon, Patriots Agree to New Contract: Latest Details and...
- Tom Brady Became 5th QB in NFL History to Throw for at Least 60,000 Yards
- Patriots vs. Jets: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Rob Gronkowski Injury: Updates on Patriots Star's Recovery from Back...
- Julian Edelman Injury: Updates on Patriots Star's Foot and Return