Report: Alfonzo Dennard denies police account of DUI tests
|07.12.13 at 12:49 pm ET|
After Patriots defensive back Alfonzo Dennard was arrested for DUI early Thursday morning in Lincoln, Neb., police said that Dennard refused a chemical test. An NFL.com report by Ian Rappoport indicates that Dennard has refuted that account.
According to Rappoport’s source, Dennard has said that he took at least two breathalyzer tests but apparently did not blow hard enough to meet qualifications, and he was not asked to take a blood test. His camp also denies that he failed the field test. Results of that test were not in the police report.
Dennard, on probation for assaulting a police officer last year, is due to spend 30 days in jail next March for that offense.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Aaron Hernandez May Be Cleared in Double-Murder Trial Due to Deleted Text
- Robert Kraft Comments on Tom Brady's Super Bowl Jersey Being Returned
- President Donald Trump to Host Patriots at White House on April 19
- Darrelle Revis Reportedly Expected to Return to Patriots If He Plays Next...
- Biggest Needs New England Patriots Have Yet to Address This Offseason
- Super Bowl 49 Champion Bryan Stork Retires from NFL at 26 Years Old
- Tom Brady Super Bowl 51 Jersey Theft Timeline Revealed on Video