Report: Alfonzo Dennard denies police account of DUI tests
|07.12.13 at 12:49 pm ET|
After Patriots defensive back Alfonzo Dennard was arrested for DUI early Thursday morning in Lincoln, Neb., police said that Dennard refused a chemical test. An NFL.com report by Ian Rappoport indicates that Dennard has refuted that account.
According to Rappoport’s source, Dennard has said that he took at least two breathalyzer tests but apparently did not blow hard enough to meet qualifications, and he was not asked to take a blood test. His camp also denies that he failed the field test. Results of that test were not in the police report.
Dennard, on probation for assaulting a police officer last year, is due to spend 30 days in jail next March for that offense.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Updates on Patriots OT Sebastian Vollmer Injury
- Latest Updates on Tom Brady's Thumb Injury
- Malcolm Mitchell Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Elbow
- Tom Brady Comments on Suspension, Decision to Drop Deflategate Appeal
- Latest Updates on Bryan Stork's Concussion
- Gronk Is Too Good to Be NFL's Highest-Paid TE
- Rob Gronkowski Contract: Latest News, Rumors on TE's Negotiations with...