Alfonzo Dennard court date set for July 31
|07.13.13 at 2:58 pm ET|
According to Omaha.com, the court date for Patriots cornerback Alfonzo Dennard has been set for July 31 in Lincoln, Neb. Dennard was arrested for suspicion of drunken driving, refusing a chemical test and a driving infraction early Thursday in Lincoln.
The reports states that authorities have noted that the accusation could result in a Lancaster County District Court judge to revoke Dennard’s probation, putting him in jail for his assault on a Lincoln police officer last year. It also suggests the judge could, however, give Dennard another chance to remain out of jail.
Dennard’s previous incident in Lincoln resulted in the cornerback being convicted of one count of assaulting a police officer, for which he was sentenced to 30 days in jail, two years probation and 100 hours of law enforcement-related community service. Dennard was allowed to postpone his jail time until March 1, 2014.
Dennard has disputed the police account of his Thursday morning incident.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Pats' 13th Straight Season With 10+ Wins
- Patriots vs. Broncos: Betting Odds, Analysis, NFL Pick
- Amendola, LaFell, White's Post-Week 11 Fantasy Advice
- Once Again, the Patriots Find a Way to Stay Perfect
- White Has Potential to Fill Patriots' 3rd-Down Role
- Latest on Danny Amendola's Knee Injury
- Pats' 'Next Man Up' Philosophy Faces Tough Challenge