Texans schedule December ‘Homecoming’ game against Patriots
|07.16.13 at 1:26 pm ET|
You have to give the Texans credit — they certainly aren’t afraid of courting embarrassment a second time around.
Last season, Houston embraced the idea of wearing sweet new letterman jackets before their regular-season game against the Patriots in Foxboro. New England bristled a little at the idea, and promptly delivered a 42-14 beatdown. (One New England player clowned the Texans after the game, saying, “They look cute. They look like a high school swim team.’)
This year, the Texans announced “themes” for each home game in 2013, and the franchise labeled its Dec. 1 game against the Patriots as “Homecoming.”
As Pro Football Talk noted, “There’s no word on whether there will be a dance afterward, or if they were unable to schedule Prairie View A&M. Or whether someone in the marketing department realizes how easy that makes the pre-game motivation for the opponent.”
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- What Are Explanations for Patriots' Failure to Address Hole at RB?
- Patriots: Way-Too-Early 53-Man Roster and Depth Chart Predictions
- Kraft Comments on Brady's Deflategate Suspension Being Upheld
- Patriots Mock Draft and Big Board: Updated Day 3 Predictions
- Patriots Mock Draft and Big Board: Updated Day 2 Predictions
- Patriots Draft Picks: Results, Analysis and Grades
- Why the 1st Round of the 2016 NFL Draft Still Matters to Patriots