Texans schedule December ‘Homecoming’ game against Patriots
|07.16.13 at 1:26 pm ET|
You have to give the Texans credit — they certainly aren’t afraid of courting embarrassment a second time around.
Last season, Houston embraced the idea of wearing sweet new letterman jackets before their regular-season game against the Patriots in Foxboro. New England bristled a little at the idea, and promptly delivered a 42-14 beatdown. (One New England player clowned the Texans after the game, saying, “They look cute. They look like a high school swim team.’)
This year, the Texans announced “themes” for each home game in 2013, and the franchise labeled its Dec. 1 game against the Patriots as “Homecoming.”
As Pro Football Talk noted, “There’s no word on whether there will be a dance afterward, or if they were unable to schedule Prairie View A&M. Or whether someone in the marketing department realizes how easy that makes the pre-game motivation for the opponent.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Garoppolo Comments on Opportunity to Start for Patriots
- Dion Lewis Injury: Updates on Patriots RB's Recovery from Surgery
- Should Patriots Give Brissett Chance to Start Week 1?
- Robert Kraft Releases Statement on Brady Not Continuing Deflategate...
- Tom Brady Accepts Deflategate Suspension, Won't Appeal to Supreme Court
- Excited by Absence of Brady, Pats' Rivals Likely to Be Disappointed Again
- Simmons Accuses Stephen A. of Blasting Brady for the NFL