Texans schedule December ‘Homecoming’ game against Patriots
|07.16.13 at 1:26 pm ET|
You have to give the Texans credit — they certainly aren’t afraid of courting embarrassment a second time around.
Last season, Houston embraced the idea of wearing sweet new letterman jackets before their regular-season game against the Patriots in Foxboro. New England bristled a little at the idea, and promptly delivered a 42-14 beatdown. (One New England player clowned the Texans after the game, saying, “They look cute. They look like a high school swim team.’)
This year, the Texans announced “themes” for each home game in 2013, and the franchise labeled its Dec. 1 game against the Patriots as “Homecoming.”
As Pro Football Talk noted, “There’s no word on whether there will be a dance afterward, or if they were unable to schedule Prairie View A&M. Or whether someone in the marketing department realizes how easy that makes the pre-game motivation for the opponent.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Griff Whalen to Patriots: Latest Contract Details, Comments and Reaction
- Patriots vs. Rams: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Tom Brady Passes Peyton Manning for Most Wins All-Time by a QB
- Danny Amendola Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Ankle and Return
- Tom Brady Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Knee and Return
- Alan Branch Wins Suspension Appeal: Latest Details and Reaction
- Can the New England Patriots Survive Another Rob Gronkowski Absence?