Patriots sign rookie WRs Perez Ashford and Quentin Sims
|07.19.13 at 4:28 pm ET|
In addition to the news they have released wide receiver Donald Jones, the Patriots announced Friday they had signed rookie wide receivers Perez Ashford and Quentin Sims.
The 22-year-old Ashford, was originally signed by the Browns as a rookie free agent out of Northern Illinois on April 30 but was released by the Browns on May 30. The 5-foot-11, 182-pounder played in 48 games during his four collegiate seasons and finished with 110 receptions for 1, 192 yards. He was also utilized as a kickoff returner during his career.
Sims, 23, played two seasons at Georgia Tech (2009-10) before transferring to Tennessee-Martin in 2011. The 6-foot-3, 202-pounder had 86 receptions for 1,092 yards and 16 touchdowns last season.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Should Patriots Give Brissett Chance to Start Week 1?
- Robert Kraft Releases Statement on Brady Not Continuing Deflategate...
- Tom Brady Accepts Deflategate Suspension, Won't Appeal to Supreme Court
- Excited by Absence of Brady, Pats' Rivals Likely to Be Disappointed Again
- Simmons Accuses Stephen A. of Blasting Brady for the NFL
- Twitter Reacts to Brady's Denied Appeal
- Brady's Request for Rehearing of Deflategate Appeal Denied