Patriots sign rookie WRs Perez Ashford and Quentin Sims
|07.19.13 at 4:28 pm ET|
In addition to the news they have released wide receiver Donald Jones, the Patriots announced Friday they had signed rookie wide receivers Perez Ashford and Quentin Sims.
The 22-year-old Ashford, was originally signed by the Browns as a rookie free agent out of Northern Illinois on April 30 but was released by the Browns on May 30. The 5-foot-11, 182-pounder played in 48 games during his four collegiate seasons and finished with 110 receptions for 1, 192 yards. He was also utilized as a kickoff returner during his career.
Sims, 23, played two seasons at Georgia Tech (2009-10) before transferring to Tennessee-Martin in 2011. The 6-foot-3, 202-pounder had 86 receptions for 1,092 yards and 16 touchdowns last season.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
2017 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2017 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Mike Gillislee's Patriots Contract Offer Sheet Declined by Bills
- Malcolm Butler Reportedly 'Highly Unlikely' to Be Traded Despite Saints...
- Patriots Schedule 2017-18: Game-by-Game Predictions for the Entire Season
- 2017 New England Patriots Schedule: Full Listing of Dates, Times and TV...
- Chiefs vs. Patriots to Open 2017 NFL Regular Season Schedule in...
- Patriots Favored in Updated Super Bowl 52 Odds Ahead of 2017 NFL Draft
- After Aaron Hernandez Suicide, Victim's Family Speaks: 'I Just Started...