Report: Patriots won’t release Alfonzo Dennard
|07.19.13 at 3:49 pm ET|
Despite his recent arrest for suspicion of driving under the influence, the Patriots have no plans to cut cornerback Alfonzo Dennard, according to a report from the Boston Globe.
The Nebraska product, who was already on probation at the time of the arrest for assaulting a police officer in April 2012, was arrested on July 11. As a result, prosecutors are moving to revoke Dennard’s probation, which could land him in prison. However, Dennard’s reps are disputing the charge, saying he passed a field sobriety test and twice blew into a breathalyzer, registering below the legal limit both times.
The 23-year-old was taken in the seventh round of the 2012 draft. As he rookie, he gradually worked his way into the starting lineup and ended up playing in 10 games. He finished with 35 tackles and three interceptions.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Rob Gronkowski Comments on Roger Goodell, Future in Football, More
- Best and Worst Moves New England Patriots Can Make This Offseason
- Bill Belichick Named Potential Witness in Aaron Hernandez's Double-Murder...
- Mike Freeman's 10-Point Stance: Patriots' Big Trade Bait, NFL's Athletic...
- Martellus Bennett Reportedly to Test Free Agency, Patriots Exit Possible
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl 51 Jersey Valued at $500,000 in Police...
- 10 NFL Combine Participants New England Patriots Fans Should Know