Report: Patriots won’t release Alfonzo Dennard
|07.19.13 at 3:49 pm ET|
Despite his recent arrest for suspicion of driving under the influence, the Patriots have no plans to cut cornerback Alfonzo Dennard, according to a report from the Boston Globe.
The Nebraska product, who was already on probation at the time of the arrest for assaulting a police officer in April 2012, was arrested on July 11. As a result, prosecutors are moving to revoke Dennard’s probation, which could land him in prison. However, Dennard’s reps are disputing the charge, saying he passed a field sobriety test and twice blew into a breathalyzer, registering below the legal limit both times.
The 23-year-old was taken in the seventh round of the 2012 draft. As he rookie, he gradually worked his way into the starting lineup and ended up playing in 10 games. He finished with 35 tackles and three interceptions.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
2014 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2014 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- How Big of an Impact Will Easley Make for Pats?
- Patriots' Top Offseason Moves
- Assessing Every Patriots UDFA's Chances of Making the Roster
- Projecting Patriots' Roster Battles This Offseason
- Ranking Pats' Remaining Offseason Priorities
- Early Projections for Patriots' Final 53-Man Roster
- In-Depth Look at Each Pats Draft Pick