Report: Patriots won’t release Alfonzo Dennard
|07.19.13 at 3:49 pm ET|
Despite his recent arrest for suspicion of driving under the influence, the Patriots have no plans to cut cornerback Alfonzo Dennard, according to a report from the Boston Globe.
The Nebraska product, who was already on probation at the time of the arrest for assaulting a police officer in April 2012, was arrested on July 11. As a result, prosecutors are moving to revoke Dennard’s probation, which could land him in prison. However, Dennard’s reps are disputing the charge, saying he passed a field sobriety test and twice blew into a breathalyzer, registering below the legal limit both times.
The 23-year-old was taken in the seventh round of the 2012 draft. As he rookie, he gradually worked his way into the starting lineup and ended up playing in 10 games. He finished with 35 tackles and three interceptions.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Danny Amendola Injury: Updates on Patriots Star's Ankle and Return
- Martellus Bennett Injury: Updates on Patriots TE's Knee, Ankle and Return
- Donald Trump Addresses Robert Kraft, Tom Brady at Campaign Donors Dinner
- Patriots' No-Name Defense Has Started Making a Name for Itself
- Josh McDaniels to Return as Patriots OC: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Patriots Picked Perfect Time to Play Imperfect Football in Win over...
- Dion Lewis vs. Texans: Stats, Highlights and Reaction