Report: Patriots won’t release Alfonzo Dennard
|07.19.13 at 3:49 pm ET|
Despite his recent arrest for suspicion of driving under the influence, the Patriots have no plans to cut cornerback Alfonzo Dennard, according to a report from the Boston Globe.
The Nebraska product, who was already on probation at the time of the arrest for assaulting a police officer in April 2012, was arrested on July 11. As a result, prosecutors are moving to revoke Dennard’s probation, which could land him in prison. However, Dennard’s reps are disputing the charge, saying he passed a field sobriety test and twice blew into a breathalyzer, registering below the legal limit both times.
The 23-year-old was taken in the seventh round of the 2012 draft. As he rookie, he gradually worked his way into the starting lineup and ended up playing in 10 games. He finished with 35 tackles and three interceptions.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Tom Brady Says He Has No Interest in Pursuing Coaching Career
- New England Patriots vs. Buffalo Bills Betting Odds, Analysis, NFL Pick
- Dion Lewis Injury: Updates on Patriots RB's Recovery from Knee Surgery
- Rob Gronkowski Keeps Rolling as the Patriots' Offensive Pillar
- Patriots vs. Steelers: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- NFL Power Rankings: Breaking Down Sunday's Action Ahead of Week 7
- Patriots vs. Bengals: Full Report Card Grades for New England