Patriots sign cornerback Justin Green
|07.21.13 at 4:06 pm ET|
The Patriots announced Sunday they have signed rookie free agent cornerback Justin Green.
The 22-year-old Green began his college career at Illinois as a running back before moving to the secondary for his final three seasons. The 5-foot-11, 195-pounder, made 29 starts over his final three seasons, registering 76 total tackles, 13 passes defensed, one forced fumble and two fumble recoveries. Last season as a senior, he played in 12 games with 11 starts at cornerback and finished with 36 total tackles and six passes defensed. Green saw action at running back as a true freshman in 2009 and was not moved to cornerback until two weeks before the 2010 season.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Patriots Favored over Cowboys in Marquee Matchup
- Pros, Cons of Patriots' Offensive Line Shuffling
- What's the Secret to Lewis' Sudden Stardom?
- Blount and Lewis Are Perfect 1-2 Punch in Pats Backfield
- Adjustments Patriots Must Make After Bye Week
- Where Does Brady's Hot Start Rank?
- Report: Bears Trade LB Bostic to Pats