Patriots sign cornerback Justin Green
|07.21.13 at 4:06 pm ET|
The Patriots announced Sunday they have signed rookie free agent cornerback Justin Green.
The 22-year-old Green began his college career at Illinois as a running back before moving to the secondary for his final three seasons. The 5-foot-11, 195-pounder, made 29 starts over his final three seasons, registering 76 total tackles, 13 passes defensed, one forced fumble and two fumble recoveries. Last season as a senior, he played in 12 games with 11 starts at cornerback and finished with 36 total tackles and six passes defensed. Green saw action at running back as a true freshman in 2009 and was not moved to cornerback until two weeks before the 2010 season.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Free-Agent RBs Patriots Should Consider This Offseason
- Free Agents That Need to Be on Patriots' Radar
- Why Big Changes Could Be Coming for Patriots at WR
- Super Bowl XXXVI: Reliving the Start of the Patriots Dynasty
- We Remember: Butler's Game-Winning in Super Bowl XLIX
- Patriots Must Focus on Bringing Balance to Offense This Offseason
- Pats Must Use 2016 Offseason to Prep for Big 2017 FA Class