Report: Patriots set to sign DT John Drew
|07.22.13 at 10:58 am ET|
The Patriots are set to sign North Carolina Central defensive tackle John Drew, according to Aaron Wilson of the Baltimore Sun.
The 6-foot-2, 333-pound Drew started his college career at Duke before being kicked off the team in the wake of his involvement in firing a gun on campus. He turned his career around at NCCU, but suffered a toe injury last year, which likely affected his draft stock. As a senior, he played in eight games, starting seven, and finished with 18 tackles (eight solo).
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
2014 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2014 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- How Big of an Impact Will Easley Make for Pats?
- Patriots' Top Offseason Moves
- Assessing Every Patriots UDFA's Chances of Making the Roster
- Projecting Patriots' Roster Battles This Offseason
- Ranking Pats' Remaining Offseason Priorities
- Early Projections for Patriots' Final 53-Man Roster
- In-Depth Look at Each Pats Draft Pick