Report: Patriots set to sign DT John Drew
|07.22.13 at 10:58 am ET|
The Patriots are set to sign North Carolina Central defensive tackle John Drew, according to Aaron Wilson of the Baltimore Sun.
The 6-foot-2, 333-pound Drew started his college career at Duke before being kicked off the team in the wake of his involvement in firing a gun on campus. He turned his career around at NCCU, but suffered a toe injury last year, which likely affected his draft stock. As a senior, he played in eight games, starting seven, and finished with 18 tackles (eight solo).
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Kraft Comments on Brady's Deflategate Suspension Being Upheld
- Patriots Mock Draft and Big Board: Updated Day 3 Predictions
- Patriots Mock Draft and Big Board: Updated Day 2 Predictions
- Patriots Draft Picks: Results, Analysis and Grades
- Why the 1st Round of the 2016 NFL Draft Still Matters to Patriots
- Patriots Last-Minute 7-Round Mock Draft and Top-100 Big Board
- What Are the Patriots' Long-Term Needs?