Report: Patriots set to sign DT John Drew
|07.22.13 at 10:58 am ET|
The Patriots are set to sign North Carolina Central defensive tackle John Drew, according to Aaron Wilson of the Baltimore Sun.
The 6-foot-2, 333-pound Drew started his college career at Duke before being kicked off the team in the wake of his involvement in firing a gun on campus. He turned his career around at NCCU, but suffered a toe injury last year, which likely affected his draft stock. As a senior, he played in eight games, starting seven, and finished with 18 tackles (eight solo).
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
2017 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2017 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Mike Gillislee's Patriots Contract Offer Sheet Declined by Bills
- Malcolm Butler Reportedly 'Highly Unlikely' to Be Traded Despite Saints...
- Patriots Schedule 2017-18: Game-by-Game Predictions for the Entire Season
- 2017 New England Patriots Schedule: Full Listing of Dates, Times and TV...
- Chiefs vs. Patriots to Open 2017 NFL Regular Season Schedule in...
- Patriots Favored in Updated Super Bowl 52 Odds Ahead of 2017 NFL Draft
- After Aaron Hernandez Suicide, Victim's Family Speaks: 'I Just Started...