Report: Patriots set to sign DT John Drew
|07.22.13 at 10:58 am ET|
The Patriots are set to sign North Carolina Central defensive tackle John Drew, according to Aaron Wilson of the Baltimore Sun.
The 6-foot-2, 333-pound Drew started his college career at Duke before being kicked off the team in the wake of his involvement in firing a gun on campus. He turned his career around at NCCU, but suffered a toe injury last year, which likely affected his draft stock. As a senior, he played in eight games, starting seven, and finished with 18 tackles (eight solo).
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Tom Brady Comments on Friendship with President Donald Trump
- Even Patriots Haters Should Marvel at Historic Greatness of Brady and Co.
- Tom Brady, Bill Belichick Clinch Record 7th Super Bowl Appearance
- Danny Amendola Injury: Updates on Patriots Star's Ankle and Return
- Martellus Bennett Injury: Updates on Patriots TE's Knee, Ankle and Return
- Donald Trump Addresses Robert Kraft, Tom Brady at Campaign Donors Dinner
- Patriots' No-Name Defense Has Started Making a Name for Itself