Report: Patriots set to sign DT John Drew
|07.22.13 at 10:58 am ET|
The Patriots are set to sign North Carolina Central defensive tackle John Drew, according to Aaron Wilson of the Baltimore Sun.
The 6-foot-2, 333-pound Drew started his college career at Duke before being kicked off the team in the wake of his involvement in firing a gun on campus. He turned his career around at NCCU, but suffered a toe injury last year, which likely affected his draft stock. As a senior, he played in eight games, starting seven, and finished with 18 tackles (eight solo).
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Biggest Issues the Patriots Will Face in 2016 Season
- Super Bowl Odds: Patriots Betting Favorites Despite Brady Suspension
- Position Battles to Watch in Patriots Training Camp
- Does Brissett Have a Chance to Be Patriots Week 1 Starter?
- Brady Is Under Too Much Pressure, and It Could Crush Pats Dynasty
- Most Prominent Patriots on the Roster Bubble
- Report: Lombardi Leaving Pats Front Office