Source: Tom Brady present and accounted for at Gillette Stadium Monday morning
|07.22.13 at 9:56 am ET|
Monday morning marked Brady’s first return to the facility since the start of summer break in June. The quarterback, who will turn 36 next month, will be joined by the rest of his teammates later in the week, as full squad workouts are set to start Friday. (Rookies reported on Sunday.)
The quarterback sounds ready to roll for his 14th season in the NFL, telling Peter King Monday that what continues to bring him back year after year is the chance to compete for another shot at the ultimate prize.
“We’ve had our chances. Twice. More than twice, actually,” Brady told King. “I still have plenty of chances to do it. What I’ve learned is it’s really, really hard to win the Super Bowl. I didn’t get that perspective early, winning three out of the first four years I played.
“What I like about this franchise is we’ve got a shot every year. I love the fact we were in the AFC title game last year, the Super Bowl. the year before that, and 14-2 the year before that. Can we win this year? It’ll be determined by our level of commitment, the mental toughness. We’ll find it out before the season. How committed are we?”
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Rob Gronkowski Comments on Roger Goodell, Future in Football, More
- Best and Worst Moves New England Patriots Can Make This Offseason
- Bill Belichick Named Potential Witness in Aaron Hernandez's Double-Murder...
- Mike Freeman's 10-Point Stance: Patriots' Big Trade Bait, NFL's Athletic...
- Martellus Bennett Reportedly to Test Free Agency, Patriots Exit Possible
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl 51 Jersey Valued at $500,000 in Police...
- 10 NFL Combine Participants New England Patriots Fans Should Know