Report: Jake Ballard removed from PUP list
|07.23.13 at 10:04 pm ET|
Tight end Jake Ballard and defensive back Kanorris Davis both passed their physicals and were removed from the physically unable to perform list and non-football injury list, respectively on Tuesday, according to Field Yates of ESPN.
Each are now eligible to participate in practices when camp opens on Friday.
Ballrd was on the shelf for all of 2012 because of a knee injury he suffered in Super Bowl XLVI while playing for the Giants against New England. He is expected to have a sizable role in the 2013 offense, as the Patriots are expected to be without Rob Gronkowski (who was placed on the PUP list himself earlier in the week) as he continues to recover from offseason surgery on his back and forearm.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Why Collins Is Patriots' Most Important 2017 Free Agent
- Biggest Issues the Patriots Will Face in 2016 Season
- Super Bowl Odds: Patriots Betting Favorites Despite Brady Suspension
- Position Battles to Watch in Patriots Training Camp
- Does Brissett Have a Chance to Be Patriots Week 1 Starter?
- Brady Is Under Too Much Pressure, and It Could Crush Pats Dynasty
- Most Prominent Patriots on the Roster Bubble