Report: Jake Ballard removed from PUP list
|07.23.13 at 10:04 pm ET|
Tight end Jake Ballard and defensive back Kanorris Davis both passed their physicals and were removed from the physically unable to perform list and non-football injury list, respectively on Tuesday, according to Field Yates of ESPN.
Each are now eligible to participate in practices when camp opens on Friday.
Ballrd was on the shelf for all of 2012 because of a knee injury he suffered in Super Bowl XLVI while playing for the Giants against New England. He is expected to have a sizable role in the 2013 offense, as the Patriots are expected to be without Rob Gronkowski (who was placed on the PUP list himself earlier in the week) as he continues to recover from offseason surgery on his back and forearm.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Tom Brady Comments on Friendship with President Donald Trump
- Even Patriots Haters Should Marvel at Historic Greatness of Brady and Co.
- Tom Brady, Bill Belichick Clinch Record 7th Super Bowl Appearance
- Danny Amendola Injury: Updates on Patriots Star's Ankle and Return
- Martellus Bennett Injury: Updates on Patriots TE's Knee, Ankle and Return
- Donald Trump Addresses Robert Kraft, Tom Brady at Campaign Donors Dinner
- Patriots' No-Name Defense Has Started Making a Name for Itself