Report: Jake Ballard removed from PUP list
|07.23.13 at 10:04 pm ET|
Tight end Jake Ballard and defensive back Kanorris Davis both passed their physicals and were removed from the physically unable to perform list and non-football injury list, respectively on Tuesday, according to Field Yates of ESPN.
Each are now eligible to participate in practices when camp opens on Friday.
Ballrd was on the shelf for all of 2012 because of a knee injury he suffered in Super Bowl XLVI while playing for the Giants against New England. He is expected to have a sizable role in the 2013 offense, as the Patriots are expected to be without Rob Gronkowski (who was placed on the PUP list himself earlier in the week) as he continues to recover from offseason surgery on his back and forearm.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Garoppolo Comments on Opportunity to Start for Patriots
- Dion Lewis Injury: Updates on Patriots RB's Recovery from Surgery
- Should Patriots Give Brissett Chance to Start Week 1?
- Robert Kraft Releases Statement on Brady Not Continuing Deflategate...
- Tom Brady Accepts Deflategate Suspension, Won't Appeal to Supreme Court
- Excited by Absence of Brady, Pats' Rivals Likely to Be Disappointed Again
- Simmons Accuses Stephen A. of Blasting Brady for the NFL