Rob Gronkowski, Jake Ballard, Julian Edelman placed on PUP list
|07.23.13 at 8:18 am ET|
Patriots tight ends Rob Gronkowski and Jake Ballard and receiver Julian Edelman have been placed on the active/physically unable to perform list, which means they are not cleared to practice for the start of training camp.
In the case of all three players, it wasn’t a surprise. Gronkowski has undergone several surgeries this offseason on his forearm, as well as one on his back. Ballard was on the shelf all last season because of a knee injury, while Edelman has had foot issues and was spotted this offseason wearing a walking boot.
They all can removed from PUP at any time during camp. If they were placed on PUP at the start of the regular season, they would be ineligible for at least the first six weeks of the season.
In addition, offensive lineman Nick McDonald was placed on the active/PUP list, while defensive lineman Armond Armstead was placed on the non-football illness list and rookie safety Kanorris Davis and rookie center/guard Matt Stankiewitch were assigned to the non-football injury list.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- NFL Power Rankings: Breaking Down Sunday's Action Ahead of Week 7
- Patriots vs. Bengals: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Rob Gronkowski Illness: Updates on Patriots TE's Status and Return
- Tom Brady Elects Not to Comment When Asked About Donald Trump's Leaked...
- Cincinnati Bengals vs. New England Patriots Betting Odds, Analysis, NFL...
- Martellus Bennett, Chris Hogan, James White Post-Week 5 Fantasy Advice
- Patriots vs. Browns: Full Report Card Grades for New England