Rob Gronkowski, Jake Ballard, Julian Edelman placed on PUP list
|07.23.13 at 8:18 am ET|
Patriots tight ends Rob Gronkowski and Jake Ballard and receiver Julian Edelman have been placed on the active/physically unable to perform list, which means they are not cleared to practice for the start of training camp.
In the case of all three players, it wasn’t a surprise. Gronkowski has undergone several surgeries this offseason on his forearm, as well as one on his back. Ballard was on the shelf all last season because of a knee injury, while Edelman has had foot issues and was spotted this offseason wearing a walking boot.
They all can removed from PUP at any time during camp. If they were placed on PUP at the start of the regular season, they would be ineligible for at least the first six weeks of the season.
In addition, offensive lineman Nick McDonald was placed on the active/PUP list, while defensive lineman Armond Armstead was placed on the non-football illness list and rookie safety Kanorris Davis and rookie center/guard Matt Stankiewitch were assigned to the non-football injury list.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Donald Trump Addresses Robert Kraft, Tom Brady at Campaign Donors Dinner
- Patriots' No-Name Defense Has Started Making a Name for Itself
- Josh McDaniels to Return as Patriots OC: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Patriots Picked Perfect Time to Play Imperfect Football in Win over...
- Dion Lewis vs. Texans: Stats, Highlights and Reaction
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- In Better Shape Than Ever at Age 39: Here's How Tom Brady Does It