Alfonzo Dennard arraigned in Nebraska court, gets OK to attend Patriots training camp
|07.24.13 at 12:24 pm ET|
Patriots cornerback Alfonzo Dennard was in court in Lincoln, Neb., on Wednesday, one week earlier than initially scheduled, to address the possible violation of his probation. Dennard was arrested July 11 on suspicion of drunken driving, after having been convicted earlier this year of assaulting a police officer in 2012 — which left him on two years’ probation along with receiving a 30-day jail sentence to be served next March.
According to the Lincoln Journal Star, District Court Judge Robert Otte told Dennard that the conditions of his probation remain. That allows Dennard to leave the state to attend training camp in Foxboro.
Dennard is due back in court Aug. 12 to answer to the DUI charge, and then Aug. 27 for a follow-up hearing.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Dion Lewis Injury: Updates on Patriots RB's Recovery from Surgery
- Should Patriots Give Brissett Chance to Start Week 1?
- Robert Kraft Releases Statement on Brady Not Continuing Deflategate...
- Tom Brady Accepts Deflategate Suspension, Won't Appeal to Supreme Court
- Excited by Absence of Brady, Pats' Rivals Likely to Be Disappointed Again
- Simmons Accuses Stephen A. of Blasting Brady for the NFL
- Twitter Reacts to Brady's Denied Appeal