Alfonzo Dennard arraigned in Nebraska court, gets OK to attend Patriots training camp
|07.24.13 at 12:24 pm ET|
Patriots cornerback Alfonzo Dennard was in court in Lincoln, Neb., on Wednesday, one week earlier than initially scheduled, to address the possible violation of his probation. Dennard was arrested July 11 on suspicion of drunken driving, after having been convicted earlier this year of assaulting a police officer in 2012 — which left him on two years’ probation along with receiving a 30-day jail sentence to be served next March.
According to the Lincoln Journal Star, District Court Judge Robert Otte told Dennard that the conditions of his probation remain. That allows Dennard to leave the state to attend training camp in Foxboro.
Dennard is due back in court Aug. 12 to answer to the DUI charge, and then Aug. 27 for a follow-up hearing.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Robert Kraft 'Would Love' for Darrelle Revis to Return to Patriots
- Ideal Second-Round Fits for New England Patriots in 2017 NFL Draft
- Robert Kraft Discusses Restricted Free-Agent Malcolm Butler's Contract...
- Tom Brady Told Robert Kraft He'd Like to Play 6-7 More NFL Seasons
- Aaron Hernandez May Be Cleared in Double-Murder Trial Due to Deleted Text
- Robert Kraft Comments on Tom Brady's Super Bowl Jersey Being Returned
- President Donald Trump to Host Patriots at White House on April 19