Alfonzo Dennard arraigned in Nebraska court, gets OK to attend Patriots training camp
|07.24.13 at 12:24 pm ET|
Patriots cornerback Alfonzo Dennard was in court in Lincoln, Neb., on Wednesday, one week earlier than initially scheduled, to address the possible violation of his probation. Dennard was arrested July 11 on suspicion of drunken driving, after having been convicted earlier this year of assaulting a police officer in 2012 — which left him on two years’ probation along with receiving a 30-day jail sentence to be served next March.
According to the Lincoln Journal Star, District Court Judge Robert Otte told Dennard that the conditions of his probation remain. That allows Dennard to leave the state to attend training camp in Foxboro.
Dennard is due back in court Aug. 12 to answer to the DUI charge, and then Aug. 27 for a follow-up hearing.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Danny Amendola Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Ankle and Return
- Tom Brady Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Knee and Return
- Alan Branch Wins Suspension Appeal: Latest Details and Reaction
- Can the New England Patriots Survive Another Rob Gronkowski Absence?
- Rob Gronkowski Injury Update: TE Reportedly Will Miss 8 Weeks with Back...
- Marcus Cannon, Patriots Agree to New Contract: Latest Details and...
- Tom Brady Became 5th QB in NFL History to Throw for at Least 60,000 Yards