Alfonzo Dennard arraigned in Nebraska court, gets OK to attend Patriots training camp
|07.24.13 at 12:24 pm ET|
Patriots cornerback Alfonzo Dennard was in court in Lincoln, Neb., on Wednesday, one week earlier than initially scheduled, to address the possible violation of his probation. Dennard was arrested July 11 on suspicion of drunken driving, after having been convicted earlier this year of assaulting a police officer in 2012 — which left him on two years’ probation along with receiving a 30-day jail sentence to be served next March.
According to the Lincoln Journal Star, District Court Judge Robert Otte told Dennard that the conditions of his probation remain. That allows Dennard to leave the state to attend training camp in Foxboro.
Dennard is due back in court Aug. 12 to answer to the DUI charge, and then Aug. 27 for a follow-up hearing.
2014 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2014 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- How Big of an Impact Will Easley Make for Pats?
- Patriots' Top Offseason Moves
- Assessing Every Patriots UDFA's Chances of Making the Roster
- Projecting Patriots' Roster Battles This Offseason
- Ranking Pats' Remaining Offseason Priorities
- Early Projections for Patriots' Final 53-Man Roster
- In-Depth Look at Each Pats Draft Pick