Alfonzo Dennard arraigned in Nebraska court, gets OK to attend Patriots training camp
|07.24.13 at 12:24 pm ET|
Patriots cornerback Alfonzo Dennard was in court in Lincoln, Neb., on Wednesday, one week earlier than initially scheduled, to address the possible violation of his probation. Dennard was arrested July 11 on suspicion of drunken driving, after having been convicted earlier this year of assaulting a police officer in 2012 — which left him on two years’ probation along with receiving a 30-day jail sentence to be served next March.
According to the Lincoln Journal Star, District Court Judge Robert Otte told Dennard that the conditions of his probation remain. That allows Dennard to leave the state to attend training camp in Foxboro.
Dennard is due back in court Aug. 12 to answer to the DUI charge, and then Aug. 27 for a follow-up hearing.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Updates on Patriots Star Danny Amendola's Injuries
- Why Collins Is Patriots' Most Important 2017 Free Agent
- Biggest Issues the Patriots Will Face in 2016 Season
- Super Bowl Odds: Patriots Betting Favorites Despite Brady Suspension
- Position Battles to Watch in Patriots Training Camp
- Does Brissett Have a Chance to Be Patriots Week 1 Starter?
- Brady Is Under Too Much Pressure, and It Could Crush Pats Dynasty